Security Installer Community

Calls For 'mosquito' To Be Banned.

topalarms

:cheersbeer.gif Chorlton....couple of additional good points

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest Cerberus NI
So do you blame the goverment or the baby boomer generation or both?

I personaly lay most of the blame at the feet of the sh1t Labour goverment and it's inability to get things right.

Who voted Labour I always ask? Nobody I know voted Labour but they are still in power.....dosen't make sense to me, everything is going up in cost terms, inflation even, measured by the "New Labour Formula" can't hide it any longer. Anybody know the "true" inflation figure as measured under the old RPI index? I bet it would frighten you if you knew what it was!

Oh I'm ranting again because I'm so p1ssed off with this bloody goverment!!

It's around 4.6%

It's around 4.6%

Hi Cerb, the goverments own figures for last April put the RPI at 4.8%.

In that time fuel costs etc have pushed the RPI way higher.....

Be honest what's cheaper now, flat screen TV's and CD's and cars. Oh dear! Food up, fuel up, mortgage up, insurance up, not forgetting taxes going to their highest level I have ever known, heard it said we have the highest tax in the world now, they can't hide it anymore as it's beginning to bite hard now.

:(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

It's around 4.6%

Be honest what's cheaper now, flat screen TV's and CD's and cars. Oh dear! Food up, fuel up, mortgage up, insurance up, not forgetting taxes going to their highest level I have ever known, heard it said we have the highest tax in the world now, they can't hide it anymore as it's beginning to bite hard now.

National statistics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

I love this country as it's my home, but the wrongs of society, the powers that be have a totally wrong attitude when they have ideas of addressing these problems.

MOSQUITO. Great, only a minority of todays youth are troublesome and this device seems to deter this 'troublesome' youth. Unfortunately, theres no consideration for those youngsters who are a credit to society, and have never done wrong. When domestic households install these devices to keep the troublesome few away from their property, they must have the attitude that all kids are troublesome. Because If I was under 25, and walking pasy Mr. Smiths house and my senses were distressed by such a device, I'd be wondering what I have done to deserve such a thing. Users of the Mosquito should abide by noise pollution laws. Private areas, yes, thats fine, but allowing these devices to pollute into public areas, this needs addressing. I'm sure you'll not find a guarantee card in the Mosquito box stating it only works on under 25's. Like with anything audiable, there will be some members of society outside these general assumptions that will be able to hear such a device. Yet again, instead of tackling the problem head on by dealing with the trouble makers, they globally target all youngsters.

UNDERAGE DRINKING. Same again, kids drink, cause trouble, and instead of dealing with the kids, the first thoughts of our peers is to increase the price of alcohol. Not to just these kids, but to everyone. You and I. Why should I have to pay higher prices when I certainly don't contribute to these problems?

Everything that runs against society, especially when it's a defined age group, the powers that be never deal with it. Instead, blanket punishing everyone is their solution, wether they are good or bad. Society will become even more alienated from authority when the easy option of punishing everyone is all they ever choose. Instead of confiscating young Johnny's beer and giving him a slap on the wrist, our police need to do something more distressing for the offender.

ACE.gif

Yes in this fleapit country it is - we've just seen the end of a trial for murder by three yobs of a father who went out to remonstrate with a group who had vandalised his wife's car - like the rest of the nation he probably thought it was useless calling the police; the images were caught on a neighbours video camera which had been put up after previous trouble and police non-activity. Papers are full of people making it their problem and for their efforts they end up getting beaten up, killed or even arrested!

Actually I do have kids and brought up in a loving, stable home with discipline (is that PC today?). It isn't my kids that recently smashed the bricks out of the community hall wall and kicked down the wooden fence surrounding it, neighbours called the police but guess what ....

Who are you to say I do nothing in my community?

As usual random ravings without knowledge and understanding.

Angus mate you are sooo right..there is no such thing as a bad child just VERY bad parents,problem is there is no respect and they arent being taught it at home

Guest Cerberus NI

National statistics

I can always nip over into my neighbouring EU state (ROI) and buy diesel at 80p/litre,thus getting me cheaper diesel and avoiding the chancellor at the same time!

I know to a Large Superstore where their Mosquito is on 24/7/365.. ?

It's the "automatic" GSM remote control ones that deactivate after 20 mins, these are the ones that are fitted wirelessly and are activated by text message. I think the standard ones also cut off after 20 mins as well.... I am supprised that anybody would leave one on 24/7/365 in a public area?

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived