Security Installer Community

Gardtec Speech Dialler

:joker:

O/P " er Ive got a speechdialler and its showing line fault.."

Arf " make sure you`ve got some anti freeze in your car...."

so what does fitting resistors have to do with the O/P`s question ? did he say I got a speech dialler that doesnt trigger ? or did you once get an answer right and thats become your " stock " answer ?

ROFL

is there any other way i can put this ?

from O/P post 4#

hi it's not connected to a gardtec panel i have put a resistor in the alarm panel but is there one that goes into the speech dialler thanks

that was the o/p's words from the o/p's question and which i answered, now lets look at the sum of your own 'helpful' content so far? fantastic, you advised fit a broadband filter on a line that don't have broadband on it, and would have made no difference even if it had :rolleyes:

come on Angus time to anti-up, please tell us all - what standard BT handset has a line fault monitor on it? :new_rofl:

your still very sore i sussed the real problem way before you had any idea what was wrong, i admit i know it hurts you deeply matey, but i just can't help being way better than you :P

if you wanted to be better than me - i'd have to manage to get a lot younger

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
is there any other way i can put this ?

from O/P post 4#

hi it's not connected to a gardtec panel i have put a resistor in the alarm panel but is there one that goes into the speech dialler thanks

that was the o/p's words from the o/p's question and which i answered,

memory or eyesight going? you were the person who mentioned resistors in POST NUMBER 2 hence the O/P who has a install manual and got everthing working to this point asking " what resister ? " - so answer the question how can not fitting resisters cause a line fault

now lets look at the sum of your own 'helpful' content so far? fantastic, you advised fit a broadband filter on a line that don't have broadband on it, and would have made no difference even if it had :rolleyes:

Arf - MR " report it for having 100vac..." cannot possibly comment on the effectivness of a BB filter

come on Angus time to anti-up, please tell us all - what standard BT handset has a line fault monitor on it? :new_rofl:

your dreaming - who said one did, oh your looking where I said plug a handset in to " check there is a line at the same box" and whats wrong with that if the O/P doesnt posses a test meter?

your still very sore i sussed the real problem way before you had any idea what was wrong, i admit i know it hurts you deeply matey, but i just can't help being way better than you :P

is this the "real problem" been the lack of resisters ? resisters ROFL - what have resisters (your only advice so far ) got to do with having a line fault ? (tech support couldnt help due to the sound of tears)

if you wanted to be better than me - i'd have to manage to get a lot younger

ah the senility of the aged gentleman - a sight to behold

regs

alan

Ive had one of these with 1 leg of bt cord not terminated into A /B properly(out the box as well). Basic fault but easily overlooked

thanks i took the dialler apart today and you hit the nail on the head this was new and out of the box but one wires was out

so put it back in and all is well thanks for that keep up the good work

Angus,

look at Post 10# if you feel i have not given much useful input, you will see the guidance and which if had it been followed would have resolved the issue. later i state if using the supplied line cord it could have been damaged or ripped out but held in the casing - which it was so nailed again.

low volts, you may not know or have experieced it but some dialers due to either fault or design (as has happened with digi-coms and even old 999 units in the past) will not dial unless the line is at or near 50 vdc,.some internal telephone systems only offer 35 vdc, to overcome this if you then 'force' the unit to ignore the line fault condition, it will then dial out successfully because the line is actually present.

tell me please, if now say you have no idea what effect bb fllter would have, why then did you suggest fitting one? - must say, interesting line of tactics when advising me thinks :unsure:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
Angus,look at Post 10# if you feel i have not given much useful input, you will see the guidance and which if had it been followed would have resolved the issue. later i state if using the supplied line cord it could have been damaged or ripped out but held in the casing - which it was so nailed again.low volts, you may not know or have experieced it but some dialers due to either fault or design (as has happened with digi-coms and even old 999 units in the past) will not dial unless the line is at or near 50 vdc,.some internal telephone systems only offer 35 vdc, to overcome this if you then 'force' the unit to ignore the line fault condition, it will then dial out successfully because the line is actually present.tell me please, if now say you have no idea what effect bb fllter would have, why then did you suggest fitting one? - must say, interesting line of tactics when advising me thinks :unsure: regsalan

Arf - resistors and there part in causing Line fault ? ring any bells ? your answer is ?

as for the rest of it bluff and fresh air as usual - but seen as you bring up the subject of your telephone knowledge you can also clear up the mystery of London phones needing reporting when they ring ROFLoh - and stop digging, its getting harder to see you that far below underground

thanks i took the dialler apart today and you hit the nail on the head this was new and out of the box but one wires was outso put it back in and all is well thanks for that keep up the good work

oyh - I said that first LOL, glad you got it mended (even with Arf`s ever helpfull input )

Guest anguscanplay
it all helps, it all helps, now how have you conected the dialler to the line - plug and socket or hard wired, are you checking the line at the same socket as the dialler is using (stop laughing at the back I`ve seen it happen)? can you take a voltage reading where the line terminates on the dialler, at least check the cable is connected to the dialler and not got trapped in the terminal

but we need to prove a line is there at the dialler, if need be take the dialler of and fit a temp socket on the end of the cable to see with a normal handset

oh yes I did LOL (it just got lost in Arfurs quest to ignore why he said " you need to fit resisters..." for a line fault ROFL)

Guest anguscanplay
No you 2(Arf and Angus) me and Wilks were right this time.Many times the A&B have been loose from a brand new dialler.

ahem, at the risk of pushing it

"at least check the cable is connected to the dialler "

ahem, at the risk of pushing it

"at least check the cable is connected to the dialler "

Like a dog with a bone!

:roflmao:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived