Security Installer Community

Gardtec Speech Dialler

oh yes I did LOL (it just got lost in Arfurs quest to ignore why he said " you need to fit resisters..." for a line fault ROFL)

oh no you did not matey. this is a class example of your ignoring (forgetting) what you actually wrote and hoping 'we' would not notice -:

"at least check the cable is connected to the dialler and not got trapped in the terminal?????????????????

so Angus, please tell us all and especially this confused mind altered old duffer (as if)

exactly what terminal would that be? the one the wire is not trapped into that is? this o/p is using the supplied and fitted

line cord and plug.

which is exactly as i expected (o/p being a diy'er) and so on the lines i was offering advice

(but can't be my superior intelligence oh no! so really funny that, must be i'm just psychic :fear: )

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

oh no you did not matey. this is a class example of your ignoring (forgetting) what you actually wrote and hoping 'we' would not notice -:

"at least check the cable is connected to the dialler and not got trapped in the terminal?????????????????

so Angus, please tell us all and especially this confused mind altered old duffer (as if)

exactly what terminal would that be? the one the wire is not trapped into that is? this o/p is using the supplied and fitted

line cord and plug.

which is exactly as i expected (o/p being a diy'er) and so on the lines i was offering advice

(but can't be my superior intelligence oh no! so really funny that, must be i'm just psychic :fear: )

regs

alan

Like a dog with with a bone! :roflmao:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

ahem, at the risk of pushing it

"at least check the cable is connected to the dialler "

being serious for a moment, my advice is you really do have got to read that remark back as the o/p would, i.e. as though you have no prior alarm or wiring experience.

i'm sure the o/p thought you meant by 'connected' that it was plugged into the socket, which from his viewpoint would be a little exasperating advice as he could see it was.

now add in the advice from you, me and several others to check the line with a handset (obviously preferably the one without the line fault sensing facility :P ) and confusion in the o/p reigns.

you were working along the hard wired option (not popping at you it is as we pro's would do it) but the o/p was using the plug and socket (so as most diy'ers would likely do it).

when we as engineers say 'line fault' to each other we accept without thinking the device has no line on it and the fault could be local as in a miss-wire or cut cable, but then say 'there's a line fault' to a non engineer or a client and they think the problem is with the phone line supplier, then they rightly think how can that be as i can make a call? and end up confused.

most diy'ers will tackle jobs above their ability and hope to strike it lucky, after all how hard can it be :rolleyes: ? so it is fair to assume they would also attempt to connect the line fault output to their panel for it to show on the remote keypad (if fitted).

with gardtec you remove the resitor (which used to be a link on older models) same as with many other panels, being a non gardtec panel and one we did not knw which the voltage from the dialer may not have kept that panel 'happy' - hence my remarks on the resistors but did not go into detail at that stage so as not to confuse the o/p.

(well that worked a like a charm :P )

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
most diy'ers will tackle jobs above their ability and hope to strike it lucky, after all how hard can it be :rolleyes: ? so it is fair to assume they would also attempt to connect the line fault output to their panel for it to show on the remote keypad (if fitted).

with gardtec you remove the resitor (which used to be a link on older models) same as with many other panels, being a non gardtec panel and one we did not knw which the voltage from the dialer may not have kept that panel 'happy' - hence my remarks on the resistors but did not go into detail at that stage so as not to confuse the o/p.

(well that worked a like a charm :P )

regs

alan

going to take more cement than that to fill the hole you dug ? at least I said " at least check it is CONNECTED TO THE DIALLER.." no room for misunderstanding there

so will you answer the question

OP " my dialler shows line fault.."

Arf " you need resisters....."

which resisters are they then?

ROFL

Guest anguscanplay

line cord and plug.

regs

alan

er you sure you`ve seen a speech dialler, whever the O/P was using a line cord and plug where do you think the cord would connect? ON THE DIALLER the TERMINAL will be ? ON THE DIALLER (its round the back - thats probably why you can`t find it)

:yes: so lets see, several of us said "check your connection.." but only one person said " you need resisters..."

its too much mirth (and thats before we think about the non 100v ringing handsets down south PMSL)

going to take more cement than that to fill the hole you dug ? at least I said " at least check it is CONNECTED TO THE DIALLER.." no room for misunderstanding there

so will you answer the question

OP " my dialler shows line fault.."

Arf " you need resisters....."

which resisters are they then?

ROFL

wrong again,

the words in mypost 2 were you might need (not you will need) to fit resistors, as in if the panel needs them. you might also note the o/p said a little later he had fitted resistors to the dialer and asked if they were also needed in the panel.

now this guy is not experienced, not even a self aclaimed 'i'm in IT' installer yet he got the idea 1st time - so now we come to Angus, several painful explanations later yet you are still struggling (alone i might add), soz but this don't bode well in business life for you - or your clients imo.

regs

alan

er you sure you`ve seen a speech dialler, whever the O/P was using a line cord and plug where do you think the cord would connect? ON THE DIALLER the TERMINAL will be ? ON THE DIALLER (its round the back - thats probably why you can`t find it)

:yes: so lets see, several of us said "check your connection.." but only one person said " you need resisters..."

its too much mirth (and thats before we think about the non 100v ringing handsets down south PMSL)

dear! o'h dear!

get out f here Angus, do you really think anyone is that daft in here to give weight to such a silly statement?

i have no problems knowing the final connection is behind the pcb board on the Gardtec dialer, stop trying to distance yourself from your por advice.

your advice was aimed at the socket connections when he had used a line cord.

personally, my natural caution makes me reluctant to advise the diy'er to remove any pcb from its casing to check those connections, especially without running through the much easier check's and more usual problems 1st.

regs

alan

Archived