Security Installer Community

Gardtec Speech Dialler

no, you only need it at one device.

if you have a meter the line will be at 50 volts DC when not engaged, if the phone is in use it drops to around 10 volts DC.

if you have wired directly from dialer to socket you need to connect between A & B on the dialer to 2 & 5 on the BT socket.

assuming you have the IDC type connections on the socket, pressing the wires down can be a bit tricky to get a decent connection without the right tool to hand, i use the back of a stanley knife blade which works well when needs must but obviously take the greatest care to prevent serious injury to yourself.

you have to make sure the unit is wired to the A & B 'IN' connections, wiring to the out connections (A.B.C) will be of no use as these should be where the house phones are wired to.

regs

alan

i had 100v ac the other day :yes:

no, you only need it at one device.

if you have a meter the line will be at 50 volts DC when not engaged, if the phone is in use it drops to around 10 volts DC.

if you have wired directly from dialer to socket you need to connect between A & B on the dialer to 2 & 5 on the BT socket.

assuming you have the IDC type connections on the socket, pressing the wires down can be a bit tricky to get a decent connection without the right tool to hand, i use the back of a stanley knife blade which works well when needs must but obviously take the greatest care to prevent serious injury to yourself.

you have to make sure the unit is wired to the A & B 'IN' connections, wiring to the out connections (A.B.C) will be of no use as these should be where the house phones are wired to.

regs

alan

TO CLARIFY

1- alarm system is fully functioning mdtxl8 panel,system fine apart from dialler.

2-6k8 resistor fitted as per additional installation instructions inside control panel terminals,from bell or 'b'-,to bell or 'd'+,Which connects to 'trg1' in gardtech speech dialler.

3-the speech dialler has a standard bt phone connector plug

4-have proggrammed dialler as has to have at least one number and message or it doesnt Work,LF also indicates if loW voltage according to manual,so think We are getting close!,any ideas,thanks.

shoot Arfur ? :lol: now now angus

you got your broadband filters?

i would suggest filters

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

hi we don't have broaband on that line i have just set the alarm of and the dialler is showing F/S on the board which means fail to send i don't know if this is any help in finding out what is wrong thanks for the reply's

it will fail if there is a line fault, i had one the other week.

i am no expert on phones but it was going daft, one minute it was fine next minute i couldn't get a line. but all the time the phone worked and so did the broadband.

it took me about 3/4 of a hour but found that the incomming bt cable was fixed on the front door frame, when the door had been replaced the window fitters [god love em] had connected A and B the opposite way around ie. A TO B and B to A. swapped them round and all was well.

Never had it before and don't know why it causes what it does but there you go.

Guest anguscanplay
hi we don't have broaband on that line i have just set the alarm of and the dialler is showing F/S on the board which means fail to send i don't know if this is any help in finding out what is wrong thanks for the reply's

it all helps, it all helps, now how have you conected the dialler to the line - plug and socket or hard wired, are you checking the line at the same socket as the dialler is using (stop laughing at the back I`ve seen it happen)? can you take a voltage reading where the line terminates on the dialler, at least check the cable is connected to the dialler and not got trapped in the terminal

but we need to prove a line is there at the dialler, if need be take the dialler of and fit a temp socket on the end of the cable to see with a normal handset

Arfur reading the same topic as the rest of us ?

now go re-read O/Pnote 3 in post 13#

the bit a about there being a BT plug, which was exactly what i had deduced as described in my earlier post by the way (not that you can read all that well, and what you do read you completely misunderstand :punk: )

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

2-6k8 resistor fitted as per additional installation instructions inside control panel terminals,from bell or 'b'-,to bell or 'd'+,Which connects to 'trg1' in gardtech speech dialler.

i'd suggest these need to be lower @ 2.2k for this speech dialer

3-the speech dialler has a standard bt phone connector plug

i'm a person who just hate's saying "i told you so" but when it's - ANGUS - PLEASE NOTE ABOVE (and please - feel free to dutifully grovel and cringe in the corner)

4-have programmed dialler as has to have at least one number and message or it doesnt Work,LF also indicates if loW voltage according to manual,so think We are getting close!,any ideas,thanks.

the fail to send is a secondary fault produced by the line fault issue, obviously it cant dial out due to it.

3. try a standard BT handset in the socket to see if that dials out ok.

4. if it do's and you are with a cable supplier like Virgin, the line volts are some times lower than BT (about 35volts), this may be why your dialer is showing line fault with everything connected properly.

it's a while since i used this unit but i'm sure (from my faded memory) there is a setting to overide and so force it to dial with a line fault present, i'm also sure Alter EGo (one of my apprentices) will be along shortly to ratify (well he is just so keen to be the best - i've just got to throw him a few crumbs from time to time if only to make sure he reads all the manuals :P ).

your next step is to actually test the line volts, preferably right into the dialer connections, as it's possible you have a faulty line cord.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived