Security Installer Community

Gardtec Speech Dialler

Guest anguscanplay
your getting there Angus - well nearly so can somebody wake me up when he manages to do the whole trip please?with your usual lack of brilliance you observe there is a line fault - wow! here's a newsflash for you "the O/P along with about 7000 other members i'd say worked that out all by himself" while you conteneted yourself by driveled on about broadband filters - give me a break :rolleyes:and resisters were needed because ? (clue - they wernt)for you enlightenment, even if he had internet on this line the lack of filters would not stop the dialer or cause the line fault condition, just as it don't with an ordinary handset. the filter stops the internet from being 'dropped' when a call is made due to the handset partially shorting the line SO CARE TO COMMENT FURTHER from your vast pool of mis-knowledge?you dont really use filtered face plates much do you ? so now we move to diagnosing why it is showing line fault?that`ll be the missing resisters will it - er nope ROFLi suggested use a standard handset in order to prove the socket works and has a working line on it, a good ruse i'd say, after all who fitted the socket? if the handset works (proving the socket and line) then then the problem is between the socket and the dialer i.e. the line is cord duff SO IT I|S NOT A LINE FAULT.now stop me if i'm wrong do we not know its a line cord?er - he didnt say that till later in his posts - long after you`d said " it`ll be the missing resisters.." ROFLi think we do because the o/p stated there is a BT type plug on it which he used - so making any gentle progress yet are we darling?) perhaps it's been ripped out of the dialer by accident, but is still held in the casing.might be a good idea to read the volts then ?maybe the dialer has an issue i.e its duff, but we need to suggest tests the o/p can do himself with i respectfully assume limited tools and knowledge (but imo showing far more understanding and comprehension for good common sense approach than you ever manage to show).er - just let my seven year old read this and " whys that man going on about resisters daddy..its a line fault "while we are here - regards the resistors, so what offends you? imo they are to high and why i posted a lower value should be used, if the o/p finally sorts the fault it most likely will not work every time, and not working once is very bad news would you not say?offended me ? not really just cant see why not fitting resisters would call up a line fault ?you crashed on about private exchanges, yes it would ned a '9' or a '0' depends on the programming but a line would also be handy resource first.hmm, you not actually seen many speechdiallers out in the field have you ?the reason for the 'forced dial' is if the line is working at the lower than usual voltage it won't prevent the dialer starting up, so forcing it to dial in what is a 'false' line fault will overcome the problem for testing, or do you disagree?well we know thats totally made up dont we - you sure its a oblong off white box your thinking of?you know, do i detect a a funny but a familiar smell in here wasnt that what the captain of the Titanic said as he sailed on regardles? regsalan
Ive had one of these with 1 leg of bt cord not terminated into A /B properly(out the box as well). Basic fault but easily overlooked
which any sane man (barr arfur mo) would describe as a "line fault"

your getting there Angus - well nearly so can somebody wake me up when he manages to do the whole trip please?

with your usual lack of brilliance you observe there is a line fault - wow! here's a newsflash for you "the O/P along with about 7000 other members i'd say worked that out all by himself" while you conteneted yourself by driveled on about broadband filters - give me a break :rolleyes:

for you enlightenment, even if he had internet on this line the lack of filters would not stop the dialer or cause the line fault condition, just as it don't with an ordinary handset. the filter stops the internet from being 'dropped' when a call is made due to the handset partially shorting the line SO CARE TO COMMENT FURTHER from your vast pool of mis-knowledge?.

so now we move to diagnosing why it is showing line fault?

i suggested use a standard handset in order to prove the socket works and has a working line on it, a good ruse i'd say, after all who fitted the socket? if the handset works (proving the socket and line) then then the problem is between the socket and the dialer i.e. the line is cord duff SO IT I|S NOT A LINE FAULT.

now stop me if i'm wrong do we not know its a line cord? i think we do because the o/p stated there is a BT type plug on it which he used - so making any gentle progress yet are we darling?) perhaps it's been ripped out of the dialer by accident, but is still held in the casing.

maybe the dialer has an issue i.e its duff, but we need to suggest tests the o/p can do himself with i respectfully assume limited tools and knowledge (but imo showing far more understanding and comprehension for good common sense approach than you ever manage to show).

while we are here - regards the resistors, so what offends you? imo they are to high and why i posted a lower value should be used, if the o/p finally sorts the fault it most likely will not work every time, and not working once is very bad news would you not say?

you crashed on about private exchanges, yes it would ned a '9' or a '0' depends on the programming but a line would also be handy resource first.

the reason for the 'forced dial' is if the line is working at the lower than usual voltage it won't prevent the dialer starting up, so forcing it to dial in what is a 'false' line fault will overcome the problem for testing, or do you disagree?

you know, do i detect a a funny but a familiar smell in here - ah! got it, thats just angus being soundly frazzled by me - again :yes:

regs

alan

thanks for that is it easy to force dial as it say's nothing about it in the book

it's nice to see that you are one big happy family as we can see you all get along so well :lol::lol::lol: thanks all

Guest anguscanplay
thanks for that is it easy to force dial as it say's nothing about it in the book

it's nice to see that you are one big happy family as we can see you all get along so well :lol::lol::lol: thanks all

theres no such thing as forced dial here - its something Arf made up to cloud the issue cause he`s wrong

Arf - iceberg / iceberg - Arf

there`s a great movie waiting to be made ROFL

Im with Wilks on this and there is no connection into A or B. This had happened to me also but if you 2 Gardtec geeks still want to go toe to toe then i suggest the TSI Boxing match and all money goes to charity!!!

Line fail is either a wire not connected between the dialler and the phone line. That is it!!

!

which any sane man (barr arfur mo) would describe as a "line fault"

:hmm: now just let us see shall we?

o/p POST 13#

TO CLARIFY

1- alarm system is fully functioning mdtxl8 panel,system fine apart from dialer.

2-6k8 resistor fitted as per additional installation instructions inside control panel terminals,from bell or 'b'-,to bell or 'd'+,Which connects to 'trg1' in Gardtech speech dialer.

3-the speech dialer has a standard bt phone connector plug (not doing we;l are we Angus?)

4-have programmed dialer as has to have at least one number and message or it doesnt Work,LF also indicates if loW voltage according to manual, so think We are getting close!,any ideas,thanks.

Broadband

O/P POST 15#

hi we don't have broadband on that line (oops! Angus) i have just set the alarm of and the dialler is showing F/S on the board which means fail to send i don't know if this is any help in finding out what is wrong thanks for the reply's

Your POST 17#

it all helps, it all helps (not for this o/p it won't), now how have you conected the dialler to the line - plug and socket or hard wired, are you checking the line at the same socket as the dialler is using (stop laughing at the back I`ve seen it happen)? can you take a voltage reading where the line terminates on the dialler, at least check the cable is connected to the dialler and not got trapped in the terminal

(after the prebable - this bit just cracked me up)

but we need to prove a line is there at the dialler, if need be take the dialler of and fit a temp socket on the end of the cable to see with a normal handset

and how do you propose he do that then to a suspect line and make real sense of any results?

Your POST 23#

er so whats more use - checking the o/p is testing at the same socket as the dialler or prattling on about resisters? you misread the thread and as usual just carry on like a ship under full steam (jeez you dont even know when a line SHOULD be at 100v ac)

ref to Resistors what did i misread (suggest you see earlier) -:

o/p POST 4#

hi it's not connected to a gardtec panel i have put a resistor in the alarm panel but is there one that goes into the speech dialer thanks

so what exactly what do you think I was saying about testing with a standard BT handset then?

the facility to force dial in line fault i said openly i was not totally sure, so whats your problem? you as always with me, are clutching desperately at straws believing they are main planks to your laughable arguments - but like straws simply snap once in your grasp?

your interpretation of a line fault is flawed, the line works into the premises by definition there is not a line fault, the problem is between the known working point of the line line and the device which is a cabling or device issue by anyone's common sense - not in any way a line fault - end off. you don't believe me? you get BT in to test it and you pay the bill for a wasted call if your so confident ;) .

Angus, this really is 1st class (and free) advice, when you reach the bottom of a very deep hole up agianst an able adversery who can out argue, out logic and out think you - it's simply is the best time for you to STOP DIGGING!!!!

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
Im with Wilks on this and there is no connection into A or B. This had happened to me also but if you 2 Gardtec geeks still want to go toe to toe then i suggest the TSI Boxing match and all money goes to charity!!!

Line fail is either a wire not connected between the dialler and the phone line. That is it!!

so nothing to do with resistors then ROFL

pretty much what us real alarm engineers (but hang on shouldnt the self acknowledged phone expert know about ring volts LOL) have been saying from post 1 then :lol:

Guest anguscanplay
Angus, this really is 1st class (and free) advice, when you reach the bottom of a very deep hole up agianst an able adversery who can out argue, out logic and out think you - it's simply is the best time for you to STOP DIGGING!!!!

regs

alan

arf - your out on your own, TELL ME WHAT RESISTORS ( YOUR FIRST ANSWER BTW) HAVE TO DO WITH A SPEECHDIALLER SHOWING LINE FAULT ?

other than that its just bluff and bluster from you all the way

boy " ahoy captain, iceberg port side "

Arf - " I see no iceberg, carry on full steam ahead...."

just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.....?

arf - your out on your own, TELL ME WHAT RESISTORS ( YOUR FIRST ANSWER BTW) HAVE TO DO WITH A SPEECHDIALLER SHOWING LINE FAULT ?

other than that its just bluff and bluster from you all the way

boy " ahoy captain, iceberg port side "

Arf - " I see no iceberg, carry on full steam ahead...."

just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.....?

icebergs melt especially figments of imagination - but solid logic and sheer knowhow don't fade or devalue

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived