Security Installer Community

Alarm Required For New Build In Tamworth

Guest anguscanplay
Can I ask why as when people are recommending a system they do not state why ie benefits, cost etc....Thanks

because there all pretty much of a muchness - me I only fit gardtec, the next man may only fit (insert panel) but when your dealing with trade we don`t give you a choice, you have what we decide - thats why your paying us the money

Can I ask why as when people are recommending a system they do not state why ie benefits, cost etc....

Thanks

I said this panel because its about the only panel that you wouldnt be able to buy on ebay. Maybe it is to much for you house. Depends what you want to do in the future. Maybe you want cctv or wants an access lock on you back gate/shed. I recently done a house that had flat roof either side and they wanted beams, so the panels was ideal because it ment the customer could have area one as house, area 2 as garage, area 3 as beams and part set area 1 at night.

Panels are much as much, they all do the same thing as regards to set/unst ect..

They key to a good alarm is keeping it maintained and checking logs for false alarms ect.

Go for Dualtechs rather than Pir's. little bit bigger mut much more reliable.

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

and no, nothing to do with initial, they dont exist anymore do they?? :whistle:

Yup, 'fraid they do...

Bought by UTC second quarter of this year - UTC also own Chubb, and all the Kidde brands globally, though they are looking to sell off "lo-tech" business units, such as guarding, and armed response in South Africa....

Things can only get worse!

Regards,

Bill Boyd.

Core Fire and Security.

www.corefire.co.uk

0845 224 6072

Yup, 'fraid they do...

Bought by UTC second quarter of this year - UTC also own Chubb, and all the Kidde brands globally, though they are looking to sell off "lo-tech" business units, such as guarding, and armed response in South Africa....

Things can only get worse!

Regards,

Initial is now called Chubb,well, as of January 2008 anyway.

As for things getting worse, what makes you think that?

• 2 weeks later...

Went round the house yesterday and apart from the shoddy build quality and number of snagging items that will need fixing I found all alarm wiring to be in place.

Looks like I will need 6 detectors so thinking of Eurosec V40DT's to go with a Gardtec 595.

All wiring seems to be in place for internal and external sounders and keypad. BT point for alarm seems missing so need to get that sorted.

Would anyone know if I can just add a wireless detector to this system to cover the garage ?

Regards,

Matt

I would look at the FM Electronics kit, probably the 4100 or 4190 linked to the 4051 receiver. You will need a few spare zones to monitor the Alarm, Tamper and Low Battery outputs.

Very reasonably priced in my view.

Good Luck

Archived