Security Installer Community

Alarm Required For New Build In Tamworth

I am moving into my first house, a 4 bed detached in Tamworth and require an alarm as I was not happy with the restricted options provided by the developer.

I believe the detectors are wired in each room but I will need a control panel, sounder etc.

I would like more than one controller so one can be upstairs and to be able to select different areas to be covered, for example, downstairs to be active whilst upstairs is not. Not sure if the garage can also be covered.

I have tried searching and see Texecom Premier and Menvier seem highly regarded. Is a TS590 with SD2 all that I would need (plus sounder) or do I need something else? I read the Texecom Premier has outputs that can switch lights on or off etc which sounds good.

I guess I will have to find some alarm places near Tamworth to ask but do not want to get sold something that is more than I need or by a manufacturer that is not that well regarded.

House completion is on the 21st December so I need it in the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help and apologies if this is in the wrong section.

I am moving into my first house, a 4 bed detached in Tamworth and require an alarm as I was not happy with the restricted options provided by the developer.

I believe the detectors are wired in each room but I will need a control panel, sounder etc.

I would like more than one controller so one can be upstairs and to be able to select different areas to be covered, for example, downstairs to be active whilst upstairs is not. Not sure if the garage can also be covered.

I have tried searching and see Texecom Premier and Menvier seem highly regarded. Is a TS590 with SD2 all that I would need (plus sounder) or do I need something else? I read the Texecom Premier has outputs that can switch lights on or off etc which sounds good.

I guess I will have to find some alarm places near Tamworth to ask but do not want to get sold something that is more than I need or by a manufacturer that is not that well regarded.

my choice would be gardtec, i have fitted hundreds and they are a very good all round brand.

for a domestic i would go with the gartec 490x/cpx or 595 depending on the amount of sensors/zones.

Guess like with my car alarm it i sbest to get a proper installer and certificate to prove to insurers.

You might want to think carefully about telling your insurers, it's not necessarily as clear-cut as with a car alarm.

Have a search round for comments or ask away if you don't see anything relevant.

Basically the insurance savings may not be significant, but should you forget to set the alarm or secure your house properly they can try to avoid paying on a claim. :ranting:

And of course they will (mostly?) insist on a professionally installed and maintained alarm, but I think that's what you're thinking of anyway, just looking for better choices than the builders offer. :whistle:

Aritech ATS1000 made by GE

newest model of the ats range geared up domestic market. Good stable technology and use the DD100 range dualtechs in each room, never known one to false alarm in the last 5 years i been fitting them.

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

newest model of the ats range geared up domestic market. Good stable technology and use the DD100 range dualtechs in each room, never known one to false alarm in the last 5 years i been fitting them.

i have also never known of a service engineer who likes anything with an a.t.s badge

Guest anguscanplay

he`s bought a house not won the lottery "ATS......" LOL

Yet again, we go of on a tangent..... A Texecom, Gardtec or Menvier (or Scantronic) Panel will cater for your needs easily. All have the flexibility required.

An Installer worth their salt will offer a package to suit, in this timescale.

You should be able to have a quote and still ask this forum for its guidance...(?)

Good Luck.

Archived