Security Installer Community

Alarm Required For New Build In Tamworth

or use there own?

why doesnt the op just get a few quotes to put a system in place for them???

seems the logical thing to me..

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

When I asked about the 595 I was told I wouldn't need it, it's a metal case etc.

Is the difference between a grade 2 and grade 3 worth it? As I am guessing that is all the difference is really between the CPX and 595 control panels.

Are door contacts worthwhile or detectors fine on their own?

I guess I may get different answers from different installers but want to do things right first time instead of wishing I did things differently later on.

Doing a bit more digging it seems the CPX does everything In eed and at half the price of the 490. Don't know how much more the 595 is but it seems that the extra money just goes into capability of more zones.

If the CPX has dialler, remote capability etc then other than looks I do not see why it would be worth going to the 490 as they are both Grade 2 aren't they?

There isn't anything I am missing is there?

Guest anguscanplay

CPX has a pig ugly keypad compared to the 595 / 490x

you dont need / cant have Grade 3

the 595 is available in a neat plastic housing

the

Doing a bit more digging it seems the CPX does everything In eed and at half the price of the 490. Don't know how much more the 595 is but it seems that the extra money just goes into capability of more zones.

If the CPX has dialler, remote capability etc then other than looks I do not see why it would be worth going to the 490 as they are both Grade 2 aren't they?

There isn't anything I am missing is there?

who said the cpx is half the price of the 490x? just wondering?

i agree with angus, the standard eurosec cpx keypad is ugly as hell.

hi please give cia security a call to quote ur alarm,,

we do a lot of work in tamworth, and the whole midlands ,,

we also offer a yearly service on youre alarm as we are ssaib

may i ask if it is a new build has the alarm been wired/first fixed?

if so have cablews been exposed as plasterers usually just board over them

cheers chris

who said the cpx is half the price of the 490x? just wondering?

i agree with angus, the standard eurosec cpx keypad is ugly as hell.

Just going by internet pricing of CP not whole install so:

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog...d71c18be5297731

compared to:

http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog...roducts_id=1386

But then that is only example can see on pricing online so don't know if I am comparing right.

But if the only difference would be in the cost of the CP as I presume fitting is the same cost for either CP, I would prefer something that isn't ugly and that offers me expansion later on, especially wirelessly if there is ever a need to add door or window contacts in addition to the detectors.

As I have only completed yesterday it is only now that I can let peopel around to survey so will get surveys done.

I guess I could save money if all wiring is in by buying and installing myself and then get a commisioning done but doubt it would save that much.

Guest anguscanplay
I guess I could save money if all wiring is in by buying and installing myself and then get a commisioning done but doubt it would save that much.

question is - would you want to use a firm ( er one man band) that would commision stuff they (he) didn`t fit ? theres always something of the weekend about guys like that IMO

Archived