Security Installer Community

Tamper Actervation At 12pm

boy you lot are real sore loser's

for those to lazy to click on that link -:

Occam's razor (sometimes spelled Ockham's razor) is a principle attributed to the 14th-century English logician and Franciscan friar William of Ockham. The

i know i'm getting on a bit but AE, do you really think i'm from the 14th century :banned:

principle states that the explanation of any phenomenon should make as few assumptions as possible, eliminating those that make no difference in the observable predictions of the explanatory hypothesis or theory. The principle is often expressed in Latin as the lex parsimoniae ("law of parsimony" or "law of succinctness"): "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate", or "entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity".

so as everyone knows i'm not one to pontificate - basically the fault was what i said it was 'on the tin' when deduced using those theories

This is often paraphrased as "All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the right one." In other words, when multiple competing theories are equal in other respects, the principle recommends selecting the theory that introduces the fewest assumptions and postulates the fewest entities. It is in this sense that Occam's razor is usually understood.

not by AE though, just a very long winded way of saying Arfur was bang on the money then? (AGAIN! :yes: ).

Originally a tenet of the reductionist philosophy of nominalism, it is more often taken today as a heuristic maxim (rule of thumb) that advises economy, parsimony, or simplicity, often or especially in scientific theories.

so scientifically speaking - it was a BT automatic line test then (end of) read it and weep AE READ IT AND WEEP! :yes:

this is like shelling pea's

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

arf you can use all the pink ink you want, but no one knows what the original activation was therefore you CANNOT say it was a BT LINE test. It could just so easily have been a LOW FLYING MARSHMALLOW, the facts that this is the first site the O/P has connected a dialler to and it`s the first site he has experienced a TAMPER with are only connected in your HEAD.

Hmm wonder if he had to remove THE LID TAMPER to get into programming?

boy you lot are real sore loser's

for those to lazy to click on that link -:

Occam's razor (sometimes spelled Ockham's razor) is a principle attributed to the 14th-century English logician and Franciscan friar William of Ockham. The

i know i'm getting on a bit but AE, do you really think i'm from the 14th century :banned:

principle states that the explanation of any phenomenon should make as few assumptions as possible, eliminating those that make no difference in the observable predictions of the explanatory hypothesis or theory. The principle is often expressed in Latin as the lex parsimoniae ("law of parsimony" or "law of succinctness"): "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate", or "entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity".

so as everyone knows i'm not one to pontificate - basically the fault was what i said it was 'on the tin' when deduced using those theories

This is often paraphrased as "All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the right one." In other words, when multiple competing theories are equal in other respects, the principle recommends selecting the theory that introduces the fewest assumptions and postulates the fewest entities. It is in this sense that Occam's razor is usually understood.

not by AE though, just a very long winded way of saying Arfur was bang on the money then? (AGAIN! :yes: ).

Originally a tenet of the reductionist philosophy of nominalism, it is more often taken today as a heuristic maxim (rule of thumb) that advises economy, parsimony, or simplicity, often or especially in scientific theories.

so scientifically speaking - it was a BT automatic line test then (end of) read it and weep AE READ IT AND WEEP! :yes:

this is like shelling pea's

regs

alan

My my Arfur

I didn't have you down has a fan of systems thinking/analysis. We live and learn.

May we assume form your post that you prefer soft systems or with your background do you lean towards the hard systems approach??

:unsure:

My my Arfur

I didn't have you down has a fan of systems thinking/analysis. We live and learn.

May we assume form your post that you prefer soft systems or with your background do you lean towards the hard systems approach??

:unsure:

it is always best to listen to what is said, compare the information given against what you know can happen (and just as import what really can't) it illuminates and so helps eliminate time wasted.

but experience helps ;)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
it is always best to listen to what is said, compare the information given against what you know can happen (and just as import what really can't) it illuminates and so helps eliminate time wasted.

but experience helps ;)

regs

alan

Arf - your guessing then claiming your right when theres nothing to claim, no one knows what the fault record said and the fact it`s been trouble free for 24hrs is hardly a cure is it.

All things being equal, the simplest solution tends to be the right one

So not a BT line test that can happen at any time of the night then.... :rolleyes:

Remember- 2 nights running at midnight (or was it midday).

I'd be looking for time clocks controlling heating, "security" lights or similar......

BTW did the OP ever say what sort of premises this was - might give a clue. :whistle:

Archived