Security Installer Community

Tamper Actervation At 12pm

Hi we have just installed an alarm in a property consisting of a Texecom vertias with Texecom speach diler we installed it on friday the customer called me today to say that at 12pm on the last 2 days the alarm goes into tamper we connectec up line fault on the speach diler, when we got there 2day we changed the time on the paniel 2 see if it would set it off but when it got 2 12pm nothing happened so we think it must be something to do with the bt line at 12pm so we have removed the line montiotor we have installed 15 alarms this year alone and never had a problem like this before has any one alse had any problems like this or now what could cause it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest anguscanplay
Hi we have just installed an alarm in a property consisting of a Texecom vertias with Texecom speach diler we installed it on friday the customer called me today to say that at 12pm on the last 2 days the alarm goes into tamper we connectec up line fault on the speach diler, when we got there 2day we changed the time on the paniel 2 see if it would set it off but when it got 2 12pm nothing happened so we think it must be something to do with the bt line at 12pm so we have removed the line montiotor we have installed 15 alarms this year alone and never had a problem like this before has any one alse had any problems like this or now what could cause it.

what did the log say?

very 1st rules of any service fault finding engineer

!INORMATION! - get all of it which means always read the log, check the clock time is accurate or work out the error, check all of it, check it all again - and see if it makes sense, thats before you go dusting off your screwdriver or dis-apear into the ether, meter in hand scratching your head.

some idea's.

BT run automatic line diagnostic tests which can be requested to be switched off, they used to be a pain in old '999' days when line monitoring came to into being, though i thought usually in the small wee hours, but they may be running them during the day on domestics, possibly this is what the problem is, or you might have set the auto test call up in the dialer programming

try lowering the level or disabling the line fault monitoring for a week, and check you have it switched on 'auto test call' in the comms menu's.

your client is religious power may be controlled on a timer or switch to satisfy certain beleifs, if so the source might be where you panel draws its supply from, also check if it is off the cupboard light supply (if you panel is in one), if the light is switched off is your panel still powered?

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

very 1st rules of any service fault finding engineer

!INORMATION! - get all of it which means always read the log, check the clock time is accurate or work out the error, check all of it, check it all again - and see if it makes sense, thats before you go dusting off your screwdriver or dis-apear into the ether, meter in hand scratching your head.

some idea's.

BT run automatic line diagnostic tests which can be requested to be switched off, they used to be a pain in old '999' days when line monitoring came to into being, though i thought usually in the small wee hours, but they may be running them during the day on domestics, possibly this is what the problem is, or you might have set the auto test call up in the dialer programming

try lowering the level or disabling the line fault monitoring for a week, and check you have it switched on 'auto test call' in the comms menu's.

your client is religious power may be controlled on a timer or switch to satisfy certain beleifs, if so the source might be where you panel draws its supply from, also check if it is off the cupboard light supply (if you panel is in one), if the light is switched off is your panel still powered?

regs

alan

off topic, but we used to have a customer who had us come and link the LEDS out on the PIRS every so often due to some belief or other. think they may have been jewish.

never could understand why they didn't just have them swiched off all the time to save hassle.

Guest anguscanplay
Didnt look at the log neather had this problem before as never connected up line monitor on a speach diller so i think that this can only be the problem hopfully.

though as much

as arfur says never assume and never discount what the user suggests either.

you need to go back and read the log - does the panel show line faults as different to tampers? ( not a panel I would ever use), is it 12 o`clock every time ( usually the user has no idea of real time in relation to activations ie " it was 12 as I always go to bed at 11 ),is it the same tamper everytime or are they global tampers.

once you`ve got the info then you can start discounting reasons till your left with the cause

off topic, but we used to have a customer who had us come and link the LEDS out on the PIRS every so often due to some belief or other. think they may have been jewish.

never could understand why they didn't just have them swiched off all the time to save hassle.

i have many Jewish clients and come across this fairly often but it's not the only religion who exercise these beliefs.

shor veryt stort version - and as i understand it from converstions with dozens of rabies (and i appologise now if i misrepresent in any way, it's not intended) -:

if they are going to abide totally then you have to remove the power to the detection during the periods required, thats dusk friday and i think dusk saterday which is treated as a Sabbath. holidays like pass over and several others during the year where this is in place.

these times are designed for worship and rest, so if you cause power to be drawn then they are causing someone to be working and not worshiping is the theory. moving through areas causes a change in power used (how ever small), i have battled that an led coming on is balanced by a relay de-energising and won a fair few over, especially when i mention fridges and freezers will cycle if the door is opened, but most stick to it i think mainly due to not being technical.

some clients are happy to have the LED disconnected or run through 'test' and turn a blind eye to the relay working, sometimes you fit a switch in-line with the power to the detectors they turn off as needed.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i have many Jewish clients and come across this fairly often but it's not the only religion who exercise these beliefs.

shor veryt stort version - and as i understand it from converstions with dozens of rabies (and i appologise now if i misrepresent in any way, it's not intended) -:

if they are going to abide totally then you have to remove the power to the detection during the periods required, thats dusk friday and i think dusk saterday which is treated as a Sabbath. holidays like pass over and several others during the year where this is in place.

these times are designed for worship and rest, so if you cause power to be drawn then they are causing someone to be working and not worshiping is the theory. moving through areas causes a change in power used (how ever small), i have battled that an led coming on is balanced by a relay de-energising and won a fair few over, especially when i mention fridges and freezers will cycle if the door is opened, but most stick to it i think mainly due to not being technical.

some clients are happy to have the LED disconnected or run through 'test' and turn a blind eye to the relay working, sometimes you fit a switch in-line with the power to the detectors they turn off as needed.

regs

alan

:new_rofl:

If at first you don't succeed...don't try skydiving!

regs

alan

pmsl

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

Archived