Security Installer Community

New Alarm Spec

IanHug

What, you threw the 10k watch at them? That'd do it :)

no, quite the opposite. my mate[whos watch it was] threw the box for it, just bought that day. and i'm not a bad driver, and with a bit of good timing two on the floor an empty box and a police van. very lucky it was city center tbh. although two of them did get away, but with nothing.

i suggest keeping some dud keys on you, throw and get indoors if thats how you feel. atleast they don't get the real thing.

i am also talking personal experience, except in my case it was a 10k watch. and that was a long story

Good idea, but if they don't get it first time, they can come back if it's a rare or valuable enough car (mine was a Civic Type R, so it may have worked!)

I'll give it a good shot, but at the end of the day it's a car and is replaceable. Whilst it may be a bit second hand, my liver isn't completely replaceable! ;) B)

CCTV didn

I fly gassed up

Guest Dave the alarm man
When I reported it they already had someone in custody they picked up at 3am that morning in a garden just up the road from me, the footprint matched his trainer and we had his mug shot but no gear was found.

We thought it was cut and dry but when the case went to court he said he had gone in my garden for a pee on the lawn and guess what the outcome was, he walk Scot free

unless the cctv (with correct signage & dpa (dpa n/a in yor case) showes doing the job or leaving with goods what do you expect? unless supported by forensic evidence

I don

unless the cctv (with correct signage & dpa (dpa n/a in yor case) showes doing the job or leaving with goods what do you expect? unless supported by forensic evidence.

Come on man the worlds going soft, why ells would he climb a 6' fence to get into my garden certainly not for a p**s

I guess your an OAP? does that mean you have less chance of getting bummed?

No not an OAP but retired due to ill health, I would probably spend most of the time in a hospital wing so it wouldn't be that bad and my rear end was rendered useless after the first of 5 operations .

I fly gassed up

Hi Fixer,

i'm sorry for you circumstances, but this is a classic case we unfortunately. we get called in when self installation is done after the 'event', given the importance placed on cctv images on crime stopper and news paper reports no wonder general public just like you will think having a camera with excellent images means if anyone has a go i got them recorded and justice will prevail :no: .

this is going to be like being wise after the event to you but is not meant as condescending or patronising, your experience go's to show you obviously need to have extra camera's, especially placed in you workshop or any other outbuildings where items of value are kept. so for best effect v cost, please get a pro installer in to assess your needs properly, as with any trade the client pay's for what that guy knows how to and there is more to it as you now know than meets the eye, so it's not just what he dose for you in particular.

from another thread your now fitting a radio kit so i suggest also cover theses other area's - pronto

regs

alan

Thanks alan

I have the workshop covered for now, I have a security guard called Hamish, he sleeps with his ears up and can hear a pin drop at 300 yards then all hell breaks loosewhen he does.

Your right about the extra cameras but funds just won

I fly gassed up

we would need a camera across the road in the trees to do that so I guess they would have to be inside the buildings next time

:whistle:

Don't go there. The trouble that has caused on here you couldn't imagine. Mind you, it was great fun.

But you could trying using one of these bad boys post-12824-1190976412.jpg as a starter.

:rolleyes:

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Thanks alan

I have the workshop covered for now, I have a security guard called Hamish, he sleeps with his ears up and can hear a pin drop at 300 yards then all hell breaks loosewhen he does.

Your right about the extra cameras but funds just won

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi Fixer,

the dog may deter and intruder as they hate noise and light, but i hope won't make you too complacent as happened with the original camera issue. also the dog raising the alarm may place you in direct conflict with an intruder if you go to investigate and worse challenge, so please be careful and don't - and absolutely no shotguns please 'tony' :whistle: .

regs

Alan

Advice taken, is 240v on the door handles allowed?

I fly gassed up

Archived