Security Installer Community

New Alarm Spec

IanHug

Guest anguscanplay
covered that with the silent pa with police response............. had cleints held up at home before, not just for mere cars, keys for the jewellery shop & publican had an armed robbery for the works safe keys, rare but happens to some, one of my chaps had one of his clients murdered some yrs back at his ex firm & had to eject the vcr tapes for the police

only answer to that is remoteley monitored cctv - worked recently for a good customer of ours ,rang tobe told of masked men at the bedroom patio doors so they had time to get into their safe area , they hit the panic and scared them off - full police response ( helicopter the lot ) then the armed gang came back 2hrs later too ff sake and it all happened again - still never got in though

so your better off doing nothing then ? lol expand on that please Ian - just interested how the public really view things

Angus

Just standard advice from the police. My burglars might just have left if they couldn't find the keys but the next lot might hold a knife to your throat to get them - the way these guys do things doesn't always make a lot of sense and at the end of the day it's just an insured car.

Not much you can do if they are prepared to kick the door in or crow bar the window and mug you for the keys but in our case I think they were interested in getting in & out quickly and quietly and an alarm going off might have been enough to deter them.

With the tracker, you effectively get a silent alarm as soon as they access the car but by then they are in the car and being chased.

Ian

Guest Dave the alarm man
Very well put Ian.

you think

what the differance to someone putting a knife to your throat in the supermarket car park for the keys?

only answer to that is remoteley monitored cctv - worked recently for a good customer of ours ,rang tobe told of masked men at the bedroom patio doors so they had time to get into their safe area , they hit the panic and scared them off - full police response ( helicopter the lot ) then the armed gang came back 2hrs later too ff sake and it all happened again - still never got in though

I can see how that would work but I think it might be a little overkill :) Besides the wife find out about the mistress.

Guest anguscanplay

With the tracker, you effectively get a silent alarm as soon as they access the car but by then they are in the car and being chased.

Ian

I`ve experience of tracker been slow of the mark / contacting wrong people - you any thoughts about them ?

I`ve experience of tracker been slow of the mark / contacting wrong people - you any thoughts about them ?

In our case it was within 2 minutes of the theft. They SMS'd the mobile, rang the mobile and rang both house phones. One thing is to make sure that one of the phones does not have an answering service on it, that way it will ring & ring until you answer.

To be honest I probably wouldn't fit a tracker if it wasn't for the insurance. They increase the chance of getting a crashed / damaged car back.

There's quite a bit I could post about the tracker but probably best not to.

Ian

Just standard advice from the police. My burglars might just have left if they couldn't find the keys but the next lot might hold a knife to your throat to get them - the way these guys do things doesn't always make a lot of sense and at the end of the day it's just an insured car.

Not much you can do if they are prepared to kick the door in or crow bar the window and mug you for the keys but in our case I think they were interested in getting in & out quickly and quietly and an alarm going off might have been enough to deter them.

Ian

Ian, get yourself a big dug (dog). put the keys on his collar and smack him round the head with a newspaper just before you go to bed. keep some treats in the bedroom in case you need to go to the loo. also, chain the car to the house.

i knew of a customer who had his car stolen and he had actually chained his car to his house in Kent, unfortunately he lived in a caravan and woke up in Swansea

cheers

Guest Dave the alarm man
Dave are you in sales?

nope, engineering

There's quite a bit I could post about the tracker but probably best not to.

strange people expect info on how to take their alarm to bits......

BTW all our vans have a live tracking system on it, all gsm tracking is just triangulation of a mobile phone

feel free to post the specs sent in by other firms and we`ll be happy to advise you on them without prejudice

Angus

Anybody want to give me comments on the spec posted in the original post?

AlterEGO's suggestion of adding

Out side pirs linked to lighting + cctv + chime only seems like a good addition.

Ian

Archived