Security Installer Community

New Alarm Spec

IanHug

Guest Dave the alarm man
Car is worth quite bit.

I wonder........

http://onlinenews.warwickshire.police.uk/a...1Eightpeoplearr

I can't belive anyone who owns any of these type of car is daft enough not to take the keys to bed or better still have them put in a safe over night,

Yes the insurance will pick the bill up, but you still have an excess to pay and or higher premuims to come, do you want car back that some toe rag driven like an A hole?

1st no offense intended but maybe if expensive cars are within your means a proper alarm system should have been in place with IMHO monitoring too, why? if you unfortunate to have the same scrotes back when they have had their 18months in butlins, I assume the key will atleast be on the bedside cabient form know on? a press of the pa button might be needed (silent to arc with urn)

Nice house & car with your blank diy bell spells cheapskate in my book....

My advice, minium proper alarm, proper dead lock(s) (5 or 7 lever) on external door with hinge bolts , ground floor window lock maybe a small safe (spare keys should always be in safe)

better mointored alarm, trellidors on vunable patio doors or windows, peace of mind when you go on your hols leaving car(s) I assume in the garage?

Guest Dave the alarm man
That's exactly what happened to me and why I fitted my alarm.

They broke in, found spare key (hidden) to fast, expensive motor and took it.

Found crashed later, but just repairable. No chase though, they did it all on their own.

I think one of the idiots inside said "what happens if I push the ESP button" - and discovered too late that huge power and torque throws an unskilled driver off the road immediately!

well confirms the buy a small safe don't it :rolleyes:

another buy an alarm after the horse has bolted :rolleyes: (no I'am not at all bitter)

has everyone spent all their money on fast expensive car so when it comes to a house alarm they buy the cheapest plastic set of controls they can lay their hands on & fit it themselfs?

I refrained from repeating the contents of your post as it doesn't actually say anything helpful. :angry:

It's very easy to be wise after the event, and saying "I told you" so to someone who's had a problem doesn't win you many friends...........

Constructive advice on how to get over it is the best place to start maybe, or just keep quiet?

Guest anguscanplay

hi again Ian - now youv`e posted some more info you can see what i meant about not been able to give a pro view without a site visit, but now we know more info I would double my advise to hand this one over to a proper company as any DIY stuff you do will be of no intrinsic value in your case and could IMO make things worse

This is one of the few cases where you will just have to pay someone to do a job you could do yourself - bit like me after the bath flooded grr

feel free to post the specs sent in by other firms and we`ll be happy to advise you on them without prejudice

Angus

I refrained from repeating the contents of your post as it doesn't actually say anything helpful. :angry:

Saying "I told you" so to someone who's had a problem doesn't win you many friends...........

Constructive advice on how to get over it is the best place to start maybe, or just keep quiet?

perhaps he isn't trying to win any?

although it is hard to swallow to some extent Dave gave some good advice and raised good points regarding many of the publics attitude towards home security.

if the OP takes all the advice given in this thread he will definitely give the next lot something to think about before breaking in, and if they did he would have a good the means to deal with the situation.

All in all good advice is not always easy to accept if you have been slack in your efforts to protect your home and family, but it is still GOOD ADVICE.

Guest Dave the alarm man

touchy did I hit a nerve? does the "amateur thing" out rank the last 15yrs I've been paid to do this ?

raised good points regarding many of the publics attitude towards home security.

okay then, last week cleint tells me of the 10k overspend with the builders on their extension & askes if we would buy their old equipment of 'em as its only 18 months old , now what value you place on a 9449 & couple of dt's?? can't seem to understand why I have no need for 2nd hand equipment or do people reckon I spend my evening ajaxing up old junk to sell as new :no:

I wonder........

I can't belive anyone who owns any of these type of car is daft enough not to take the keys to bed or better still have them put in a safe over night,

Depends if you think it's a good idea to have them knocking on your bedroom door asking if you know where the keys are? or could you open the safe please? Personally I'd rather they didn't.

Ian

Guest anguscanplay
Depends if you think it's a good idea to have them knocking on your bedroom door asking if you know where the keys are? or could you open the safe please? Personally I'd rather they didn't.

Ian

so your better off doing nothing then ? lol expand on that please Ian - just interested how the public really view things

Angus

Guest Dave the alarm man

covered that with the silent pa with police response............. had cleints held up at home before, not just for mere cars, keys for the jewellery shop & publican had an armed robbery for the works safe keys, rare but happens to some, one of my chaps had one of his clients murdered some yrs back at his ex firm & had to eject the vcr tapes for the police

Very well put Ian.

You have my total sympathy over the break-in, but at least it was only material goods that were damaged not you or your family.

Archived