Security Installer Community

New Alarm Spec

IanHug

Yes that would sort it.

Although I'm not sure why serious thieves steal cars that they know to be GPS tracked. The alarm gets raised the minute they get in the car and by the time they've disabled the tracker they're nicked.

would have disabled it, its not hard when you know how.

it seems you were lucky and ended up with the local idiots.

Go with a local firm, they will provide you with a bespoke system which meets your needs.

here is our list for the west midlands

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p?showforum=256

And (as discussed on other threads) it can give them an excuse to avoid paying if it's not set properly and there's a break-in. :(

Yes somebody else has told me that - so even if I did get it fitted for me I would think carefully before declaring it on the insurance.

would have disabled it, its not hard when you know how.

it seems you were lucky and ended up with the local idiots.

The very serious ones with the kit to disable it quickly actually don't bother me - the car wouldn't be seen again and I'd get a new one.

It's the ones who think they can do it and get caught after a high speed chase that are the pain - you get the car back after it's been crashed.

The very serious ones with the kit to disable it quickly actually don't bother me - the car wouldn't be seen again and I'd get a new one.

It's the ones who think they can do it and get caught after a high speed chase that are the pain - you get the car back after it's been crashed.

tbh, they all bother me, all thieves are scum. thats why i'm in the business i am.

any how, have a look at that list and get a few surveys done. consider some cctv aswell, it can help alot.

That's exactly what happened to me and why I fitted my alarm.

They broke in, found spare key (hidden) to fast, expensive motor and took it.

Found crashed later, but just repairable. No chase though, they did it all on their own.

I think one of the idiots inside said "what happens if I push the ESP button" - and discovered too late that huge power and torque throws an unskilled driver off the road immediately!

The Police never did get them though. :cry:

What do firms need to do to get on the list? Can getting on the list be taken as a indication of quality?

Ian

it means they are members on here or recommended by members. if i was you i would steer clear of the electrical firm offering security as a side line.

if unsure go with an approved firm, either S.S.A.I.B or N.S.I

That's exactly what happened to me and why I fitted my alarm.

They broke in, found spare key (hidden) to fast, expensive motor and took it.

Found crashed later, but just repairable. No chase though, they did it all on their own.

I think one of the idiots inside said "what happens if I push the ESP button" - and discovered too late that huge power and torque throws an unskilled driver off the road immediately!

The Police never did get them though. :cry:

My lot ran out of talent with chase cars and helicopter in high speed pursuit. All on video apparently but the video's evidence so I haven't seen it yet. Damage isn't that bad and will repair ok.

tbh, they all bother me, all thieves are scum. thats why i'm in the business i am.

any how, have a look at that list and get a few surveys done. consider some cctv aswell, it can help alot.

I was wondering about CCTV but I figured they'd just be in hoodies.

Also thinking that external PIRs might be useful but advised that they'd false alarm all the time.

Ian

I was wondering about CCTV but I figured they'd just be in hoodies.

Also thinking that external PIRs might be useful but advised that they'd false alarm all the time.

Ian

you would be supprised, they normally come unmasked for a reccie a day or two before.

out side pirs can be good, but either for cctv only, or on the intruder system proged as chime only, so they just make a bleep inside, instead of going into an alarm condition.

i personally would recommend a good alarm system [get a firm round to advise] a small cctv system linked to a GJD lighting controller.

it sounds alot, but isn't in reality. it is a very common set up nowadays.

Archived