Security Installer Community

New Alarm Spec

IanHug

Guest anguscanplay
Anybody want to give me comments on the spec posted in the original post?

AlterEGO's suggestion of adding

Out side pirs linked to lighting + cctv + chime only seems like a good addition.

Ian

not without doing a full risk assesment first but domestic diy cctv ( though good when pro installed) - wont help you though

Angus

not without doing a full risk assesment first but domestic diy cctv ( though good when pro installed) - wont help you though

Angus

who mentioned DIY cctv? and cctv could well help, refer to my last post to why.

and IMO you don't need a RA to know that lighting and cctv will help, but do as i said in last post for the alarm spec.

Guest anguscanplay
who mentioned DIY cctv? and cctv could well help, refer to my last post to why.

and IMO you don't need a RA to know that lighting and cctv will help, but do as i said in last post for the alarm spec.

calm down dear , your not talking to him now - lol nah the questioner is wanting to do it himself ( against most advice but thats his choice ) and was asking for an opinion on his kit list - that cant be done from a pro perspective without a RA , now its only my own personal opinion but cctv doesnt, wouldnt work in a car key crime ( and trust me - we have personal first hand experiance of how poorly it performed during one ) unless its remotely monitored too. Any half decent brief has all the excuses ready to cut and paste into the defence documents - lol

To be perfectly honest ( and you wont here me say this again ) but nothing we can do is going to be any good in this case, but there is a place for us as " Damage limitation "

calm down dear , your not talking to him now - lol nah the questioner is wanting to do it himself ( against most advice but thats his choice ) and was asking for an opinion on his kit list - that cant be done from a pro perspective without a RA , now its only my own personal opinion but cctv doesnt, wouldnt work in a car key crime ( and trust me - we have personal first hand experiance of how poorly it performed during one ) unless its remotely monitored too. Any half decent brief has all the excuses ready to cut and paste into the defence documents - lol

To be perfectly honest ( and you wont here me say this again ) but nothing we can do is going to be any good in this case, but there is a place for us as " Damage limitation "

i disagree, for the same reason, i've seen it work. they cased the place, came that night and stole the keys. they were nicked a week later as they had previous for the same kind of crime. the evidence didn't even go to court, they were told they were on camera [before brief came] thay admitted it as they were from yorkshire and knew they must have been seen as it was no where near them [tameside, manchester].

this is more often the way they use cctv on low level crime as most scum don't know the law.

the car was an RS4, very nice. Colin Mcrae's choice before he curled his toes up.

Guest anguscanplay
i disagree, for the same reason, i've seen it work. they cased the place, came that night and stole the keys. they were nicked a week later as they had previous for the same kind of crime. the evidence didn't even go to court, they were told they were on camera [before brief came] thay admitted it as they were from yorkshire and knew they must have been seen as it was no where near them [tameside, manchester].

this is more often the way they use cctv on low level crime as most scum don't know the law.

the car was an RS4, very nice. Colin Mcrae's choice before he curled his toes up.

not really wanting to push this but thats more proof that cctv doesnt work as most members of the public expect it to - it has a place helping the police " see " what happened but the idea of pc plum watching some guys diy cctv and then going " OOH thats jim thief lets go nick him..................." well Ballamory is more true to life - and thats before we get to two sources of indentification .........

sleep well you people out there

Angus

As seen in bradford, give me the audi anyday.

I wouldn't expect either the RS4 or an Evo to stay on the drive for more than a week before they got taken & used in a robbery.

Physically stopping people getting in seems very difficult short of steel shutters & doors.

If external PIRs are reliable enough then I'd have thought that the house lights going on while they are still outside would do the trick - they were very careful to clear their fast exit routes both outside the house and when they got into the house.

CCTV would be the icing on the cake but (maybe being selfish) my objective would be to scare them off before they enter the house rather than gather evidence for later.

Anyone recommend reliable external PIRs

I may well end up getting the work done for me but the more I know the more informed I can be when choosing a supplier & system.

Ian

not really wanting to push this but thats more proof that cctv doesnt work as most members of the public expect it to - it has a place helping the police " see " what happened but the idea of pc plum watching some guys diy cctv and then going " OOH thats jim thief lets go nick him..................." well Ballamory is more true to life - and thats before we get to two sources of indentification .........

sleep well you people out there

Angus

agreed, without a bit of brain power from the police it is useless.

but as i don't want to do myself out of a job i won't go into what little use a intruder system would be in the same situation ;)

the only option to me is to do all 3 alarm-cctv-lighting, this way you will shift them onto the next poor individual who is as you were, lax about security.

Archived