Security Installer Community

Baxall

Tagfcuk

Dear All, here are some facts for you all

Yes the incompitent deluded M.D and his board of cretin directors were trying to buy it back :lol: clearley they did not bid enough.

The financials didn't look too good over the last few years but there were reasons for this associated with the overall group, before the management buyout and the fact is, since the buyout baxall could have been profitable with good management afterall the market is growing.

If i were a gambling man i'd also say that sending baxall into administration was deliberate, after all non of the large OEM's wanted to see it go, it has caused major problems and expence for them so no doubt if they had been told by the ://.B.W.F.//: at the top that baxall was on the verge of insolvancy they'd have brought forward the payments they owed to baxall so i can assure you all this needednt have happend.

I beleive the afore mentioned ://.B.W.F.//: is still sniffing around but i think its highly unlikely he will be in a position to purchase of run the camera business ( could he run it before before :question:), i suspect he may have even more of a credibility issue in the market than previously.

Any one out there intrested in buying a really naff DVR that cost baxall millions but never worked and didn't even generate enough profit to cover the R&D wage bill get a bid in. Offers start at 20 pence. it comes with a man that is excellent at :bsflag: that can do a good sales job on the product.

I am sorry to hear that all the good skilled people that worked at baxall have been made redundant

I beleive that there are buyers for the camera business and one can only hope that manufacturing will continue in Stockport and many of the good things about baxall can continue.

It is a shame to see the systems product be sold off to Tyco.

With all due respect, i'm not sure that's any of our business.

??? when i said who, i ment which company. i was interested thats all mate. if they have any issue saying i'm sure they will let me know. or just not reply.

didn't seem that prying. :hmm:

??? when i said who, i ment which company. i was interested thats all mate. if they have any issue saying i'm sure they will let me know. or just not reply.

didn't seem that prying. :hmm:

Still personal.

Now, without upping sticks and moving out of area, how many CCTV manufacturers are there in the Gtr Manchester area to go to?

I'm back from the pub, but still biting my tongue a bit!

I joined the company in 1988, when they were still making Vidicon (etc.)- based cameras, as my hobby was (& still is) collecting & restoring valve radios, and they were among the last thermionic devices being made.

I really enjoyed repairing cameras for many years, adapting to the changes in technology to CCDs, SMD, colour, DSP, and lead-free solder.

However, the last 18 months (or so) were rather stressful & sad, seeing so many good colleagues go, (& for other reasons, which is why I'm biting my tongue) and found the end, though sudden, chaotic, and undignified, to be rather a relief, on reflection.

I start a new job supporting 15-year-old equipment in a vaguely similar field, in a workshop somewhere a similar distance away from Stockport town centre, on Tuesday :)

Archived