Security Installer Community

Why

mjw

Why is it when somebody(a new member normally) posts a very intelligent and up front question there is a small army (and usually the same usual suspects) who are intent in belittleing and generally taking the living p%$s out of the members o.p.There is a fine line between banter and generally being obstructive.As i said last week we are a professional trade and from what i have seen (i.m.o) some of us are no better than football holligans,and i have got to say i for one am fed up with it

I have got to say there is an element on this board that have got to do a serious amount of growing up fast,and you should be ashamed of yourselves and you know who you are

I am sorry moderators for posting this and it may seem a bit harsh and it will probably be deleted but this cannot go on (not saying you are not doing a grand job as you are) but this is a little unfair to very new members

Why is it when somebody(a new member normally) posts a very intelligent and up front question there is a small army (and usually the same usual suspects) who are intent in belittleing and generally taking the living p%$s out of the members o.p.There is a fine line between banter and generally being obstructive.As i said last week we are a professional trade and from what i have seen (i.m.o) some of us are no better than football holligans,and i have got to say i for one am fed up with it

I have got to say there is an element on this board that have got to do a serious amount of growing up fast,and you should be ashamed of yourselves and you know who you are

I am sorry moderators for posting this and it may seem a bit harsh and it will probably be deleted but this cannot go on (not saying you are not doing a grand job as you are) but this is a little unfair to very new members

I couldn't agree more, some people like to make themselves look good by making others look bad unfortunately.

PS Dont be sorry, and I dont see any reason for it to be deleted.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

This topic's fine by me.

There are only the newly appointed Public Moderators now moderating this site.

Naturally it'll take a while for them to get the hang of things.

It's only been a few days since they were given there new status, and as such they do not currently have full moderation facillities at there disposal.

The Public sections of this community will get a lot better in the not to distant future.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

hi mjw,

i whole heartedly agree with you, and why we stepped forward.

the new public mod's are charged with watching out for it, disuading offenders but if that fails stamping down on it hard, anyone wanna bet we won't? just look at the guys who were selected, none are wilting lilie's or shy.

if any of you see anything untoward please press the report button, all the public mods are then notified. any available will deal with it as promptly as we can. we all want to make this site a place of pleasant learning and help, but ther is still a place for gentle banter, just remmember what we see as a good 'pop' due to our 'training' of inside jokes, others will take serious offense at.

the rule of thumb is -: could you say it face to face withut involving a trip to casualty for one or both of you? i can't put curtosy and mutual respect any easier than that.

just a word of caution, anyone seeing this as an opertunity to disrupt the new setup be well advised, abusing this facility by obvious pretentious nuisance over use will be asked to exsplain why, and the facility removed from them if need be. we hope that will not happen guys as most of us are over 18, (if not mentally).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

agree with all the points raised

there is a lot of posting on the public forums which should really only be seen on the trade side

BUT BUT BUT BUT

but if we are talking about billy big boys coming onto the site and making us look silly in the eyes of the public then moderators need to move faster still :banned:

agree with all the points raised

there is a lot of posting on the public forums which should really only be seen on the trade side

BUT BUT BUT BUT

but if we are talking about billy big boys coming onto the site and making us look silly in the eyes of the public then moderators need to move faster still :banned:

we have hit the gound running hard and as fast as we can. none of us are here full time, and we have private lives too. so press the 'report' button if you not happy with a post to help us speed it up.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

we have hit the gound running hard and as fast as we can. none of us are here full time, and we have private lives too. so press the 'report' button if you not happy with a post to help us speed it up.

regs

alan

Thanks for the support guys,i thought some thing had to be said but i do find it slightly strange how it is the same people time after time....as for you guys getting faster...please don't as some of us need a chance to catch up with you :rolleyes:

regs

alan

Agreed

> The Public sections of this community will get a lot better in the not to distant future.

I feel that the public sections are fine !

If my opinion is important to you, here here what I'm lacking:

- The ability to send PM to people ! Sometimes a discussion is better being held privately than publically, especially for people like me who do not have access to the trade section and who do not want to disclose some potentially dangerous things to the full public.

- More technical info :( It's too bad that the public forum is very general. I would love to have more technical discussions such as panel reviews, and so on, it's partially why I'm here and I feel a bit frustrated :(

But I still like the forum, don't worry :P

[PS: This message is typically one that I would have sent privately]

uski

Archived