Security Installer Community

Why

mjw

I'm glad to see that this is being addressed. It is often the case that first impressions last.

Can I make one suggestion? Could all the public moderators have a series of 'template replies' made available in a sticky in a forum only seen by mods?

This way all moderators can use standardised responses to commonly seen posts and lock the post without anyone being offended. For example have:

Rule 1.1 - Engineer manual request

'Please be aware that we do not condone the distribution of engineering manuals to members of the public for security reasons.......etc etc'

That way the mods can copy/paste the relevant text and practise C.Y.A aka Cover your (_)_) more easily.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

It's about time this site had a good shake up, out with the old and in with the new. I was starting to visit less and less as the rude and bully boy tactics on here I found very unprofessional.

I hope now the sniping and one upmanship will stop and we can address the damage done to this site by it.

Arfur a mod??, I didn't vote but if I had he would have been top of my list.

hi avcctv,

firstly thank you for those kind words :kissblush: , i know many had/have their doubts about my famed argumentative nature, and so subsequent reputation.

all the public moderators intend to do all we can to Help Dave and all the decent members to make this forum second to none (as if it ever was not) and keep it there. so anyone feeling they are being badly treated or abused, or another member is being so treated, please report it so we can look at and deal with the problem promptly and effectively. all reports are anonymous, only the moderators and admin see them, and you are not 'finking' on anyone or causing trouble by doing so either.

we do read a lot of posts (yeh were sad ok?) but we may miss some, everyones help is needed to help us, an so you.

in saying the above we all have a very good sense of humour, when a crack is a made at me i usually laugh the most. i don't want banter or passionate discussion to disappear, we just have to balance closely against not insulting members either.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived