Security Installer Community

Most Popular Intruder And Access Systems

1_hour_install

hi OH,

an interlock with keypads imo would be classed as access control, as it's dumb electronics's enforcing a protocol in order to gain entry.

as to spelling and diction, the forum online spell checker is very 'hap hazard' as to when it wants to work or not for some reason (and i have posted on this recently), but would you prefer perfectly spelled B/Sh^t or typo's containing real and honest inner thoughts?

there are many on here, including (by me at least) highly respected mod's, who mis-spell or have bad even atrocious grammar, but this is a security forum, not an 'English language' exam. their experience and expertise like yours and mine is not devalued by spelling or diction mistakes, and as such is not part of the trade qualification/induction exam either to gain trade status in the forum.

but if you want, i will run each and every one of your post's via word and point out your missed punctuation, grammar and spelling mistakes.

when one is within a glass house, it's best to avoid throwing stones imo, so treat others as human even if that is an untenable thought regarding just me ;) .

regs

alan

Where did all the fun go to?

Where did all the fun go to?

hi OH,

i don't know if you spotted it, but several members not having the wit or brains to say much more, decided to have a go at my typo's instead of using decent counter argument, and this when their own diction needed whoeful attending to, i just got a little bit hacked off by it, then you my old mate had a go too.

so i'm human, sorry about the blisters

regs

alan.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

hi OH,

i don't know if you spotted it, but several members not having the wit or brains to say much more, decided to have a go at my typo's instead of using decent counter argument, and this when their own diction needed whoeful attending to, i just got a little bit hacked off by it, then you my old mate had a go too.

so i'm human, sorry about the blisters

regs

alan.

I tend to ignore most personal remarks made by others. Thats from being experienced in Forum banter, and having far more verbal sparing than is permitted in here.

If it isnt particularly relevant to the topic I just glance over the guff.

Never mind, you know my comments to you are not vindictive. Time we had the chilli and chips as the weather is improving.

cheers

there are many on here, including (by me at least) highly respected mod's, who mis-spell or have bad even atrocious grammar, but this is a security forum, not an 'English language' exam. their experience and expertise like yours and mine is not devalued by spelling or diction mistakes, and as such is not part of the trade qualification/induction exam either to gain trade status in the forum.

but if you want, i will run each and every one of your post's via word and point out your missed punctuation, grammar and spelling mistakes.

when one is within a glass house, it's best to avoid throwing stones imo, so treat others as human even if that is an untenable thought regarding just me ;) .

regs

alan

!!!QFA!!!

Hi all,

I have found most of the replies in this forum to be very informative. It is great to know what systems are geting installed over there. It is the same here where there is a number of different systems which are used. The first of my training panels is on the way which is a galaxy. I will also be getting a ADE shortly as well. As for the other systems mentioned who are the distributers i would be able to purchase these from?

Does anyone here know much about the winpak intergration to galaxy? I have been unable to find any information on it.

Thanks for all the great replies

I know that any intergation with Access Control and Intruder has always caused problems with the minefield with regulations on this matter. I know when we developed the integration, we had to scope through the current regs to see if there was going to be any impact on the two systems. I know of many installers integrating Access Control systems such as the Northern computers and Galaxy, but i would always ensure that the system integration is sound and you have a get out of jail card. One of the issues we did find with other manufactuers was when an Intruder system was unset with the Access Control system, it automatically unset the alarm and at the same time opened the door!!!!!!! How bad is that. So you need to make sure that the Northern Computers system will only allow you to open the door once it has seen an open signal from the Central Station. I have always found the guys at Northern to be very helpful, and honest.

OMG i cant half rant LOL

Rich

www.accesscontrol.ie

richard.huison@accesscontrol.ie

ACT "Where performance counts"

"Is your Access Control system Vista Ready?"

...it automatically unset the alarm and at the same time opened the door!!!!!!! How bad is that. ...

depends of the country...

anyhow some systems are so slow sending the unset signal to alarm system that it can take a minute or more for alarm to unset which has caused amateurish installation companies to program as many circuits as delay / ER as possible.. that is because people don't want to wait until the alarm is unset and the door opens after that..

Why?, As long as the system has the correct number of differs etc, id like to know what part of dd243 it contrevines, in fact AFAIK its a permissable and documented means of unset

Hi James

If i'm reading this right, and intruder ain't my bag, so apologies if i'm of tack on this. Some systems unset the intruder system AND release the door at the same time. This raises the possibility that a person could enter the room before the intruder system unsets, thus giving a potential false alarm and/or unlocks a door when the intention was to simply unset the alarm.

Regarding delays in unsetting the intruder system when integrated with the Access Control system, there is always the perception that the intruder system will arm/disarm at the same speed the door unlocks when a card is presented. This will probably not be the case due to delays in either/both of the systems and may well lead to the false alarms mentioned above.

I suppose ultimately it all depends on getting the right systems matched and people using them correctly.

Andrew

Archived