Security Installer Community

Most Popular Intruder And Access Systems

1_hour_install

I find it interesting that no-one has mentioned Winpak or Prowatch. Are these systems popular in the UK? As i hear Winpak can high level to Galaxy (just what i have heard on the grapevine)

Win pak is good and it can interogate with the galaxy BUT so can the lennel :rolleyes:

how do you engineers find the new Menvier M range for progg we usd the TS networker range but have moved to scantronic 9853 for nearly all jobs since EN regs came in (as menvier dragged their feet in bringing out new range ) have got a few demo panels m800 m650 but not had time to look at yet

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Id say Texecom is most popular for intruder and Paxton is most popular for Access. This is because they are both very popular with electrical contractors and any tom,dick and harry can obtain them at electrical wholsalers.

As in europe Aritech (Ge Security now) is the most popular. The CD range was wide spread but the new ATS range is now under the EU regs. The ATS is an improved version of what you aussie guys call the TECOM panel. It started as access control and is now a major player in high spec Intruder Alarm. And as for the Aritech being hard to programme :banned: never! you just got to understand it :rolleyes:

It is more popular than Galaxy. Galaxy is a good panel,but only really used in the UK and ireland.

I think the Cadex system is now Part of GE security aswell, not big hear but huge in the USA.

Chris

ADE are cheap and tacky. Honeywell bought them so they could sell ADE panels to unsuspecting electricians along with the electrical ranges that Honeywell also own.

I don't know of cadxx. Bosch are a fairly small player in our market.

i'd take issue calling ADE cheap and tacky, they produced the Ultimate and Karizma along with iD technology, both panels way ahead of their time imo, put that up against the scanny 9448+ the TS.500/510 and smoke it :banned:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Alarm Guard
ARITECH....difficult to program????......now i know you are having a laugh....you want to try an aplex 100 at 3 am now that is difficult but ARITECH nope not in the slightest difficult :whistle:

It's all about what you are used to isn't it.

I used to fit Aritech all the time, but don't touch them now.

The thing about them that has always given me trouble is that awful delay between button press and response.... unless that has been changed now?

how do you engineers find the new Menvier M range for progg we usd the TS networker range but have moved to scantronic 9853 for nearly all jobs since EN regs came in (as menvier dragged their feet in bringing out new range ) have got a few demo panels m800 m650 but not had time to look at yet

This is on another thread, but they are designed like the TS2500 menu structures and as mentioned get v2.0 and above .

cheers

It's all about what you are used to isn't it.

I used to fit Aritech all the time, but don't touch them now.

The thing about them that has always given me trouble is that awful delay between button press and response.... unless that has been changed now?

That was only ever a problem on the cd95 v6.17 and v6.24 and that was only when programming the zone text. I installed hundreds in the last 7 years and never had any real issue wot so ever.. I added 2 rle's to one today and they are just so simple to use.

You should always default and aritech out of the box. SOrts all problems especially with the new ATS.

Are you sure your not getting the delay thing mixed up with the pyronix panels. Remember the sterling 10 delay :realmad::realmad:

Chris

Archived