Security Installer Community

Most Popular Intruder And Access Systems

1_hour_install

ADE are cheap and tacky. Honeywell bought them so they could sell ADE panels to unsuspecting electricians along with the electrical ranges that Honeywell also own.

I don't know of cadxx. Bosch are a fairly small player in our market.

Hi, the UK market is a million miles away from the global market. Caddx, Napco, DSC, Paradox etc really don't figure in the UK because of the standards the Uk has decided to adopt.

For members information, the rest of Europe has binned the EN50131 as useless and unworkable. I've travelled through most of the member states in the last 2 years and checked on their views. France have a higher (Yes - HIGHER) standard in the FA2P, Spain just don't care so long as its CE approved, Italy are just confused and lost. Finland insurance companies decide - and they have binned the EN50131 as being stupid - Norway/Sweden likewise. Eastern bloc have absolutely no standards and don't even need the CE.

So you see, the UK really is a global enigma with its own breed of homegrown panels that really only score in the UK.

Popular in the UK in no real order are ADE, Texacom, Pyronix, Scantronic, Visonic and GardTec. Best is always a good argument but the Galaxy still keeps its end up - even after Honeywell sucked the lifeblood out of MicroTech.

Tim

For members information, the rest of Europe has binned the EN50131 as useless and unworkable. I've travelled through most of the member states in the last 2 years and checked on their views. France have a higher (Yes - HIGHER) standard in the FA2P, Spain just don't care so long as its CE approved, Italy are just confused and lost. Finland insurance companies decide - and they have binned the EN50131 as being stupid - Norway/Sweden likewise. Eastern bloc have absolutely no standards and don't even need the CE.

LOL! thats the funniest thing Ive read for a while.

Welcome to the forum Tim :welcome:

We used to do temp alarms in the void property market and used Caddx panels ,wireless PIR's andkeyfobs. This was combined with a KP electronics transmitter that sent alarm signals i.e arm, disarm, burglary and low battery to our control room who called out the respnse guys to check the property out.

TBH the caddx wireless equipment never failed at all and as we had a 37AH batter providing power in the property the battery turnover period was around 3 weeks depending on how many council workers were entering the property to do it up.

A good system as you say but not for domestics in Great Britain yet.

!

I think you need to add Gardtech to that list... probably in second or third place.

And ADE ... fitted by DIY and electricians who don't know any better.. :P

As for the most difficult to programme.... I would say aritech

ARITECH....difficult to program????......now i know you are having a laugh....you want to try an aplex 100 at 3 am now that is difficult but ARITECH nope not in the slightest difficult :whistle:

Hi all,

What would you say the most widely used intruder alarms are and what are the most widely used access control systems in th UK?

Are there any systems where there is a shortage of people who can program them?

I would think we at Access Control Technology - ACT - are among the popular brands for access Control, along with one or two of our competitors who get mentioned in the forum.

Andrew

Archived