Security Installer Community

Dvr7223 Help Needed.

MILLWALLFC

I was not very impressed with the quality of the recording compared to the live video the recording was quite poor quality.
If you want beter quality, consider a Smart2 DVR.

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Content/smart.asp

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Hi i was actually looking at the Smart2 before you posted. Can you upgrade the harddrive to sometihng like 250GB or 320 ?

When i looked pic one and two seem bluury but the third one seems crystal clear. If i get another one i will defo broadcast over internet do you get software with it for that ?

Also what is the price ?

Also does anyone know if JPEG 2000 or mpeg is better for watching playback video. I never understand the video formats and what will display better.

Both have their pluses

I would prefer the jpeg based machine as it should give better quality but lower framerates wheres mpeg will give better framerates and wont be too keen on ptz cameras

But there is a bit more to it than just formats

ie whats better

a petrol based car or diesel

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

mjpeg is different again as its the older version of jpeg 2000 but i like this too

CIF is the resolution which is 320x240 pixels and you know mpeg4

but again depends on compression ratios its difficult near impossible to compare on specs alone

is a 3.0 audi tdi better than a 3.0 bmw tdi?

You can get a feel but different manufaturer have differernt quality settings which equate to different file sizes. I only use DM digital records which are jpeg based and use between 30 and 35k image sizes but IMO yuo wont get dm quality from either machine

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi Service Engineer

Im interested in the Smart 2 (DVR - Digital Video Recorder) by SystemQ.

Would you let me look at how you have your remote cameras setup by it as i want to see what it will look like accross the internet. ?

I tried to PM you but im not sure if available on these forums.

Would you let me look at how you have your remote cameras setup by it as i want to see what it will look like accross the internet. ?

It looks like it does when you're stood next to it, the image is the same as it's the same camera wherever you're viewing it from.

hi MILLWAL

that was my Dads club from 4 - 84, so i spent any a happy day at the 'old den' especially on boxing day's listenning to the banter from the fans, thay allways had one guy who could be heard no matter where he was and you were - brilliant!

just a thought, this might be a hard disk failure as you getting the 'POST' so then it boots, if hard drive no present it hangs as it can't load.

another often overlooked 'fault' is that many dvdr's need a video signal on inpt 1 when started up, if that camera is down for any reason like a psu or camera fault it can't synch properly and will give a simular fault. not all kit is like this but many are so give it a go, make sure a good camera is connected to input 1.

there's a miriraid of DVDR's out there from very cheap and cheerful to very expensive, some swear by a pre-made unit others by PC Cards so lets say there is disparity.

imo haveng several systems working faultlesly on the GV800 card's (one for 10 years) it is a very good bit of kit, as is the software supplied. it also has the advantege of remote viewing over internet where you do not need a fixed ip address as most oyther requires, it's all done via the makers web server (bit like gotomypc.com) and works very well indeed.

where some make a big mistake using pc card based systems, is buying a cheapy

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived