Security Installer Community

Dvr7223 Help Needed.

MILLWALLFC

Thank you Arfur i will try that tongiht.

If i cannot get working where is the cheapest place to buy Smart 2 (DVR - Digital Video Recorder).

Also this only offers BNC and VGA out i used to connect to my other one via S-Video

Is there a BNC to S video adaptor.

Thanks.

We always used Tecton on my last firm, very good kit indeed but also expensive. They were still prone to hard drive failure though, the cooling fans would pack up and nobody would realise untill the hard drive clunked. Cooling hard drives is "very" important to long term reliability. I have a PCI card here in my PC running 24/7, cost

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

our beloved leader did a favourable write up on it

Not only that, I'm buying one.. So that's called putting my money where my mouth is..

Don't get me wrong though, It is a cracking piece of kit for the price...

But if you want to spend more you can get better..

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

lol i know arf, im not saying its a bad unit, quite the contrary i have heard good things about it on here, but never used one (ive gone of budget dvr's for life i think)

I was meaning if you have decided on this unit millwallfc then backup should be considered and cheapest place (dunno where they come from) might not be the best place o get it from if you want ongoing support.

budget dvr's for life

How much would you look to speng on one. I've seen some for

It comes with the bog standard 12 months support. But to be honest if they break every 15 months it take me a while to spend 8k on replacements.

8k seems a bit over the top its only for a house so nothing major not a business. Its only to keep an eye on a car, the garden and the back and front door.

What's better and how much more. Is it a big difference ? Is paying more worth it ?

Now that I'm not qualified to give advice on. I have tried several DVR's within my budget of which this one has been the best.

But I also service some that i'd call "Pro" kit, some just have a few more options, better compression technologies, or better backup options, but most of these units are

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Ok cool. Well I think it looks like im going to try this model. I had an mpeg4 compression last time and play back was ok but not fantastic at night you could not make out faces. In the daytime it was fine. However if you was watching live you could see faces it just never liked it on playback.

The only thing it has not got is S Video out and I don't think the TV i have plugged into now has a VGA. I'm hoping there is a BNC to S Video adaptor or it looks like i may have to get a monitor to plug into it.

I know you pay trade prices but does

Archived