Security Installer Community

Dvr7223 Help Needed.

MILLWALLFC

ok since TV does not have a VGA slot im assuming this will do the Trick.
Connects devices with SCART OUT to devices with 15-pin HDD IN

The Smart2 has not got a scart out.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Not only that, I'm buying one.. So that's called putting my money where my mouth is..

Don't get me wrong though, It is a cracking piece of kit for the price...

But if you want to spend more you can get better..

hi Dave very diplomatic response,

but if you wanted to punish james anytime, just give me the power to close his threads :whistle:

:joker:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Sorry

I know it has BNC Out or VGA Out but my TV have none of these.

So is there a adaptor for my TV to turn BNC into SVideo or Scart

or VGA coming from DVR to then go into Scart or S video into TV.

yes, its a composite Video to UHF converter, you can get for about

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Sorry

I know it has BNC Out or VGA Out but my TV have none of these.

So is there a adaptor for my TV to turn BNC into SVideo or Scart

or VGA coming from DVR to then go into Scart or S video into TV.

There seems to some confusion here on SCART\BNC etc...

SCART is a type of connector, BNC is a type of connector, composite is a video format and S-video is a type of connector and a video format.

A video output from a DVR will be composite and a SCART input on a TV will be composite. Therefore you only need an adapter, not converter.

S-video on SCARTS is a manufacturer dependent thing, some will provide it on a single SCART on the TV, some will provide it on none.

So, if you have a SCART socket on the back of your TV then all you need is one of these and one of these.

Oh well i thought i let you know i have ordered a Smart 2 so will let you know how i get on with it.

I have a quick question for Service Engineer do have you got a Static IP address. I have the same router by the looks of it so i assume i only need to configure port forwarding to get it working.

The big problem is either getting NTL to give me a static IP address or finding another way to do. I know some DVR companies let you register so you dont need to have a static IP address and it does it through DNS.

Does the manaul give you step by step guides. ?

It's not the DVR manufacturer that decides whether or not you need a static IP address as such, it's in the way that the remote software works. Some (such as the Smart2) will provide software that can assist in using a DDNS service, some will just accept either a hostname or IP address and some will only accept a IP address.

The remote software for the Smart2 has options to connect to a DVR with a static IP address or one that is registered with a DDNS service. It helps if you have a static IP but if not you can use a DDNS service such as no-ip or dyndns.

I have a quick question for Service Engineer do have you got a Static IP address. I have the same router by the looks of it so i assume i only need to configure port forwarding to get it working.
Im with Blueyonder, so doubt that my ip address is static. But the manual does give guides as to how things should be setup. TBH though, I didn't need to refer to it, I just installed the software and it all worked over wireless without me actually configuring anything except the password. I may try to connect via the internet later, i'll let you know how I get on.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived