Security Installer Community

Back To Work

Being on call Christmas eve t'ill 8:30AM Christmas day, and now with work as normal starting in the morning, this seems to have been a very quick Christmas break for me this year. And I imagine quite a few here as being in the same situation as myself.

But I'm starting the new year with a whole week off work.. so there is light at the end of the tunnel..

Also my callout rote changes for the better from it's current 1 in 6 covering a massive area (over 1000 sq miles), to a more manageable 1 in 3 covering just 3 local areas (100 sq miles)..

Im looking forward to 2007, it can't be as hectic as last year.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

ps:how do you not fall asleep when driving, if your going that far and just woke up?
It's worse when you have just jumped into bed, started to doze off, then the dreaded 100 mile + call comes in.. It's just a case of a quick cold wash, cup of coffee then on your way..

I always drive with the window open to keep the fresh air comming in even at 70 mph, but have had to pull over occasionaly for a rest, or pull into a services for a cuppa.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Never heard of automatic pilot :lol:

How old fashioned, most of us use "The Force" :roflmao:

I copped for last sat and sun (xmas eve) evening shifts and todays day shift.

I have been on call from 8 this morning and will be till 5 tonight :(

also got lumbered with new years day shift. :(

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Whats call out, :P

Only giving telephone support as line managers taken the holiday period, and anyways got my sons, they go back to ex tomorrow and then i`m off oop midlands for new yrs.

Look out for a 02 caddy speeding to chesterfield tomorrow night or next morning.

muwhahahahaha

Guest Peter James

I remember callout I do still do it rarely on occasion, I have done my time of call though in the early years i was the only one on call for well over a year or more, must admit callout back then was less than it is now.

I remember my first week on call for the last co I worked for, what a nightmare I did longer hrs at night than I was on day, but the money was good, but I dont ebvy anyone on call nowadays.

I have been off call since Xmas eve but back on fromThurs untill Tuesday in new years eve and day.

But its not as bad as on call for //.National Installer.// where i had 8 to 10 calls a night.

Archived