Security Installer Community

Dvr

Guest marky

does the pc recognise that the hdd is working when you connect it into your pc??

have you tried a new scussi lead from hdd to dvr m/board

yes the pc does recognise the hdd no not tryed a new scussi lead plus when the dvr powers up , when i unplug the hdd the fan in the dvr gets faster does that help

all sounds like the psu to me

hi to all got the dvr powed up now on the floor found the hdd fine but has power from my pc all looks to be running fine apart from no pic and wont save any date i think this is cos of the power on the psu it gives out 12v 2a and a 5v3a i think that the 5v powers the board too so i am going to get my test on the psu later today and find out that the psu is doing thanks for all you help so far

mark

hi to all got the dvr powed up now on the floor found the hdd fine but has power from my pc all looks to be running fine apart from no pic and wont save any date i think this is cos of the power on the psu it gives out 12v 2a and a 5v3a i think that the 5v powers the board too so i am going to get my test on the psu later today and find out that the psu is doing thanks for all you help so far

mark

ive tested the power supply and it gave 4 volts on the 5 volts pin and 12 volts on the 12 pin so dont think it is the power supply.

i am getting lost with this now dont know wot it could be, anymore suggestions we could try

Guest Alarm Guard
ive tested the power supply and it gave 4 volts on the 5 volts pin and 12 volts on the 12 pin so dont think it is the power supply.

i am getting lost with this now dont know wot it could be, anymore suggestions we could try

I still say take it to a TV repairer (or even a computer repairer)..... I suggested the one at Swillington, but there are various others around. They will have the correct equipment to test voltages, Etc. and should have enough electronic knowledge to see if it is something straightforward.

If it is something major, it won't be economically repairable.

Paul

I still say take it to a TV repairer (or even a computer repairer)..... I suggested the one at Swillington, but there are various others around. They will have the correct equipment to test voltages, Etc. and should have enough electronic knowledge to see if it is something straightforward.

If it is something major, it won't be economically repairable.

Paul

ok thank you all for your time

mark

what so know i shud just put it in the bin i dont think so

hi marky,

it should have 12 months warenty although nothing is mentioned on the site, i would write stating your intentions as not suitable for the purpose and requesting a full refund, they will 'usually' fold and replace it, especially if you mention your a member of this site which has many potential clients you can put off.

have you replaced the bios backup battery? your problem may just be a faulty fuse holder in the plug or poorly made connection causing arcing, so recheck all plugs are tightly fitted and pushed well home, have a close look at any cheap 4 way leads.

although not a pc based system it is micro processor powered so many service tech fixing principles apply, to zero in on the fault disconnect any device's like additional hard drives fitted, be sure to clean out the cooling fans on the motherboard and the psu, which is often overlooked but a very common cause of such failure's especially on cheaper equipment due to overheating. make sure the unit gets good ventalation, if you can do not sit the monitor on top to reduce heat radiated into the unit.

these units are not complex and a good local tv repair or computer man may be able to help you, i would say though by the time you send it to a 'professional' repair centre, pay their bill and postage to and from you migh be better getting another unit, out yours on ebay as 'faulty for repair' would be my advice if the above don't work.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i will have to get my tester from my dads tomorrow but i am happy to say the psu is not giving the hhd power

unfortunately you may be misled here, on a pc the routine for booting is such that the initial power up a signal is sent from PSU to the processor which then performs a POST, if ok the processor will to tell the psu to fully power up, this prevents ay a shorted component blowing the board or psu.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived