Security Installer Community

Dvr

Guest marky

Marky,

You should contact the supplier of the DVR and take up the issue with them, check out their terms and conditions and try and get a replacement.

I presume you are not in the trade so ignore comments about what DVR's are good, all mentioned so far are generally only available to the trade, although you may find a few suppliers that sell them on to the public via the internet.

You probably wont get much help from here concerning the DVR you have as its not something I recognise as being supplied from any of the major supplies. This means replacement parts availability from a member here is very unlikely.

I suggest you have 2 options;

1) Contact the supplier and be firm about having them rectify the problem, especially if its under warrenty.

2) Ask for advise here on getting yourself a new DVR that may be a little more reliable and available.

Don

what so know i shud just put it in the bin i dont think so

Er, yeah, I'd bin it.

Sending it away for testing could cost nearly as much as a new one. For one that will last for more then 6 Months you would want to be spending closer 500 notes. Even eBay has some reasonable new 4 channel DVR's for about 3-400.

Feel free to disregard all the advice given.

Marky,

You should contact the supplier of the DVR and take up the issue with them, check out their terms and conditions and try and get a replacement.

I presume you are not in the trade so ignore comments about what DVR's are good, all mentioned so far are generally only available to the trade, although you may find a few suppliers that sell them on to the public via the internet.

You probably wont get much help from here concerning the DVR you have as its not something I recognise as being supplied from any of the major supplies. This means replacement parts availability from a member here is very unlikely.

I suggest you have 2 options;

1) Contact the supplier and be firm about having them rectify the problem, especially if its under warrenty.

2) Ask for advise here on getting yourself a new DVR that may be a little more reliable and available.

Is there a chance that the software for the DVR is on the hard drive?

I think it will be unlikely getting a replacement PSU also, what do you think?

hi all i know the hard drive is ok and i have put a differnt hard drive in and its the same plus when i tryed the hdd i make it raw its some times finds the hard drive but for it to do that i got power from the pc for the hard drive

Guest Director of COP Security
Is there a chance that the software for the DVR is on the hard drive?

I think it will be unlikely getting a replacement PSU also, what do you think?

I don

Guest Director of COP Security
hi all i know the hard drive is ok and i have put a differnt hard drive in and its the same plus when i tryed the hdd i make it raw its some times finds the hard drive but for it to do that i got power from the pc for the hard drive

Ok so you have fitted a different HDD and you are running the power for this from you PC. And you get the same results.

If you run the HDD power from the DVR PSU does the HDD spin up?

Also if you run the original HDD from your PC power supply does this spin up ?.

i will have to test it tomorrow i really do need this up and running is there anything i could do to try and get this to power up any over psu i could get

hi hard drive that cem with it powers up fine in my pc so it has got to the the psu

would you be able to test the plug on the external psu and make sure that 12 v dc/ac (which ever is the correct source for the dvr usually dc)

but whats with the chinese writing

hi hard drive that cem with it powers up fine in my pc so it has got to the the psu

but whats with the chinese writing

i will have to get my tester from my dads tomorrow but i am happy to say the psu is not giving the hhd power

is any of the dvr powering up asif not it sounds like it could be the external psu but if the dvr is powerig up in parts then i would say that the internal was at fault.

it all powers up and does a scan to find the hdd i will open it up at dinner time and tell you want it does step by step

thanks for you time so far

is any of the dvr powering up asif not it sounds like it could be the external psu but if the dvr is powerig up in parts then i would say that the internal was at fault.

Colin, you're getting out of your depth and posting for the sake of it. Half of your question is answered in the first half of the thread and the rest is nonsense.

Archived