Security Installer Community

Vehicle For The Business

3.2M ?

That is some ladders!

Got them years ago before I did much with alarms, hence the ladders weren't used quite as often! I keep meaning to buy a shorter set that don't give me a hernia lifting them on and off the car. :(

cheers for the info lads....... :)

Im in the process of sorting an accountant so hopefully they will do the stuff and claim it all back for us and save us lots of money :yes:

They are nice cars wolf but we only sub to other companies so they wouldnt last long on sites, we have a laguna sport but is onlt temp to see if the subbing works. All your info is much appreciated

cheers

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay in replying but I am a newbie.

There are loads of ways of sorting out vehicles and everybody on here will have their own preffered method.

When I first started three years ago, I bought an ex postman pat van on my credit card!! Now we are doing well we have started buying our vehicles.

In the in between stages we contract hired a brand new Renault Kangoo, costs us

post-1613-1151347774_thumb.jpg

We payed for these our selfs and claim back 41p per mile for the 1st 10,000 then 22p after that ( I think), Well i say claim back but you claim it from your company tax free. You have to pay for all the running costs.

I know its not the most economical car on the road i get about 38 to the gallon but for 3.5 K i get a 51 plate honda accord sport with all the toys and 46k on the clock and i know it will easy run another 60 / 70 k and we get the company image we are looking for, ( Quality )

PS: mine is the red one.

I can also pick the kids up from school if need be, as i have back seats

Glad to see you got the accords you were after.

Mines financed up to the hilt so I have to change it every year to 18 months to stop myself getting stung.......shame.

Got the 06 plate in April..diesel. Fantastic car. Getting a bit annoyed with arguing with the voice activated stuff though

Me: Call office (loudly and clearly)

Car: Pardon?

Me: Call OFFICE (louder)

Car: Excuse me?

Me: Call the goddam f****ng so and so OFFICE!!!!!!!! NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Car: Would you like to call the office?

Me: AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHH :smash:

Knight Rider it ain't at times

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Me: Call office (loudly and clearly)

Car: Pardon?

Me: Call OFFICE (louder)

Car: Excuse me?

Me: Call the goddam f****ng so and so OFFICE!!!!!!!! NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Car: Would you like to call the office?

Me: AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHH

I wont be getting one of them then..... it would be like travelling with the misses :whistle:

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

post-1613-1151347774_thumb.jpg

We payed for these our selfs and claim back 41p per mile for the 1st 10,000 then 22p after that ( I think), Well i say claim back but you claim it from your company tax free. You have to pay for all the running costs.

The standard allowable rates are 40p for the first 10,000 miles then 25p. If this is not followed exactly:

"Income Tax and NICs are due when allowances exceed these rates. Employees can claim tax relief on any shortfall."

Also:

"Rates of up to 5p per mile, per passenger, are also tax and NIC free when paid for the carriage of fellow employees on the same business trip."

Hope that helps.

Many companies pay LESS than the approved 40p/25p rates and people don't realise they can claim the difference as a tax-free expense allowance - from the tax man, not your employer :!:

Not many pay more :whistle:

• 1 month later...

To put it nice and simple and do a quick recap so i dont get things wrong and end up owing the tax man.

Im just about setup on mu own.

For my travelling expenses i can claim back tax free

40p per mile upto 10,000 miles then 25p per mile after if i have a passenger i can claim an extra 5p per mile per passenger. Then the wole 10,000 miles thing starts again after a year?

Or are these figures just for a car i have a astra van??

cheers you have all been really helpful so far.

To put it nice and simple and do a quick recap so i dont get things wrong and end up owing the tax man.

Im just about setup on mu own.

For my travelling expenses i can claim back tax free

40p per mile upto 10,000 miles then 25p per mile after if i have a passenger i can claim an extra 5p per mile per passenger. Then the wole 10,000 miles thing starts again after a year?

Or are these figures just for a car i have a astra van??

cheers you have all been really helpful so far.

We are all assuming you are a limited company here I think. If that's not the case then the rules are different.

Matt

3.2M ?

That is some ladders!

Got them years ago before I did much with alarms, hence the ladders weren't used quite as often! I keep meaning to buy a shorter set that don't give me a hernia lifting them on and off the car. :(

Lurch,

grabb a set of youngmans ladders, a bit wider than most so just so stable you never worry about them slipping or tilting.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

3.2M ?

That is some ladders!

Lurch,

grabb a set of youngmans ladders, a bit wider than most so just so stable you never worry about them slipping or tilting.regs

alan

are you serious :rolleyes:

Archived