Security Installer Community

Vehicle For The Business

It may be a daft question but i could do with everybodys info........

Iv been self employed a few weeks now and for the business i use my own car, what is the best way or most beneficial. To say the business owns the car or to put down that i own the car and use it for the business. :hmm:

cheers

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

Depends on how much you use your car for business compared to private use.

I record all business mileage, you should speak to your accountant and see which way would be most beneficial to you.

just by something suitable* for your wife so you can claim you have a car for your private use and the other one is solely for buisness.. :whistle:

*as cheap to upkeep as possible that she still accepts..

Guest Cerberus NI
Circumstances can dictate.

But generally, I would advise to buy it for the business and just try to claim as much as you possibly can.

Do you have an accountant?

Ermmm,you could buy a van and keep the car. Obviously you will have business appointments to go to and it would look better for you to arrive for these meetings ( :whistle:;) )in a car, for this you can claim business mileage on your car (25/30p per mile I think??) and keep it around the 17000 miles/year mark which is an acceptable level to the tax man without he or she getting too nosey!

post-1613-1151347774_thumb.jpg

We payed for these our selfs and claim back 41p per mile for the 1st 10,000 then 22p after that ( I think), Well i say claim back but you claim it from your company tax free. You have to pay for all the running costs.

I know its not the most economical car on the road i get about 38 to the gallon but for 3.5 K i get a 51 plate honda accord sport with all the toys and 46k on the clock and i know it will easy run another 60 / 70 k and we get the company image we are looking for, ( Quality )

PS: mine is the red one.

I can also pick the kids up from school if need be, as i have back seats

Guest Cerberus NI
post-1613-1151347774_thumb.jpg

We payed for these our selfs and claim back 41p per mile for the 1st 10,000 then 22p after that ( I think), Well i say claim back but you claim it from your company tax free. You have to pay for all the running costs.

I know its not the most economical car on the road i get about 38 to the gallon but for 3.5 K i get a 51 plate honda accord sport with all the toys and 46k on the clock and i know it will easy run another 60 / 70 k and we get the company image we are looking for, ( Quality )

PS: mine is the red one.

You'd need to be careful taking those ladders off in case they tip forward mate!!! Seriously - nice motors (drive an Sri Estate myself).

Guest Cerberus NI
I know but i have to have them like that so i can open the boot without the ladders hitting it.

Yup - Chubb over here got Megane 5 doors instead of estates and they were a nightmare. The guys hated them because the ladder sat so far forward and wern't balanced.

The Accord will go forever - great car.

I know but i have to have them like that so i can open the boot without the ladders hitting it.

Major problem with my car that, 3.2m triple section ladders and they have to sit as far forwards as I can get them otherwise the tailgate is pretty much inaccessable. I did have a car that they fitted on perfectly once, but I broke within a few weeks. :(

You'd need to be careful taking those ladders off in case they tip forward mate!!! Seriously - nice motors (drive an Sri Estate myself).

Showing my age in the aftermath of the 80's hurricane myself and the other guys with me on service for moderns in essex/suffolk amd norfolk found that if we moved the ladders back as far as poss they acted as a stabaliser to help stay on the road instead of the ditch in the residual high winds---------aaarhh happy days!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived