Security Installer Community

Adt Dealership - Installation Issues

Guest jl1974

Guest jl1974

Hi

I would like some advice following an install of an alarm system by an //.National Installer.// Dealership.

Within the first week I noticed that the PIR's within the lounge and dining room had large overlapping areas of coverage (we have a lounge/diner with an archway in the middle), was aware of the DD243 requirements for confirmed sequential activation so contacted the dealer to ask how it could be rectified. I assumed that there were two options, replace one standard PIR with a Dual-Tec or move the sensors to the middle of the room (either side of the arch) facing away from each other.

The dealership offered to do either - I opted for a sensor move (and agreed to tidy up holes from previous fit myself - didn't know whether I should have?) because I didn't want to have a large Dual Tec PIR in the lounge or dining room.

At the same time they also moved the PIR in the garage which was only detecting 30% of the area, and also queried the fact that one of our dual-tec's in the kitchen triggers the microwave sensor outside the house whilst I am walking out on the driveway - should it do that or can it be adjusted to just sense inside the house? The dealer said it was ok and normal.

After the dealer left I did a quick status check and walk test and noticed that the lounge sensor was listed as an 'EXIT' sensor whereas all others (apart from hallway) are listed as 'INTRUDER'. Now im assuming that the lounge is now actually set as an Entry/Exit zone, which I think means that an intruder could force entry and the front door, move into the lounge and then leave by the front door and I would only ever have an 'unconfirmed' activation?

Having looked at the new position of the PIR's I think I may have noticed why the lounge is now set as an EXIT zone, the lounge PIR points straight across into the hallway at the front door, essentially now overlapping with the hallway sensor triggering with movement in the hallway at the front door. If that is the case should the dealer not have moved the sensor to the opposite corner to avoid this?

Finally, and sorry for such a long posting, I have contacted the dealer twice by email raising this new issue (lounge sensor) and have not received any reply - they had previously been quite responsive when I raised the initial issue so im worried that this might be ignored. Should I contact //.National Installer.// service directly to explain the problems, will they help ?

Thanks very much

Leon

If the dealer wont respond contact //.National Installer.// as the dealer installed the system for them, and log a complaint about the dealer with //.National Installer.//, if you dont get anywhere then complain to the inspectorate that covers //.National Installer.//, there should be information in you handover paperwork who to contact regarding complaints.

Are you sure the dealer has not got out of buisness, every dealer i have come accross has gone bust, must be a good thing these dealerships.

Just wondering how long did the installation take ?

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest jl1974

Thanks, am i right that the lounge shouldnt be configured as entry/exit zone - does that even meet standards? And should a dual-tec trigger microwave sensor outside the house?

Alarm install (original visit) took around 8 hours (6 PIR's, Internal Siren, Fire Detector, 2 dummy bell boxes), revisit to carry out adjustments was about 3 hours - moving three PIR's.

I did actually get //.National Installer.// to quote directly before chooing the dealer due to cost, //.National Installer.// did say that they would take 2 days to install.

Guest jl1974

No risk assesment at all for this install - //.National Installer.// did do one but it was seperate, i.e. the dealer didnt use that quote/spec for theier install. Should it have one? We have the SSAIB certificate but another installer who quoted wouldnt quote before completing the risk assesment.

Re: the entry zone, we have a 30sec entry timer, only cancelled by proximity fob not door contact or PIR.

Re: the entry zone, we have a 30sec entry timer, only cancelled by proximity fob not door contact or PIR.

So if somebody enters via your front door with out a prox fob in they can have anything in you hall and lounge ? due to the way the system is supposed to be set up, i.e no confrim from detectors on the entry route.

Do you have a contact on the front door or is the entry time started by the PIR in the hall.

We have the SSAIB certificate

//.National Installer.// job but the SSAIB get the certificate costs, i bet the NSI would not like that.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

I worked for an ssaib company who did installs for an //.National Installer.// dealership, we would turn up and install the system how we wanted as the system was sold over the phone, we was the first person the customer seen and most customers were misled by the sales person.Some oaps couldnt even afford it when we told them how much and for how long they was paying for it, and we was told to get the customers to sign the paperwork before we installed the system without them reading it so they couldnt change there mind.

I was asked to report to the office one day because alot of my jobs cancelled over a period of time as i explained the terms and conditions to the customers and i was told not to do that just get them to sign

//.National Installer.// DEALERSHIPS :banned:

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

Were you informed that starting an entry zone will disable all means of communicaion?

Paul

???????

So what did I get wrong??

I think you meant confirmation not communication.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Nope. I meant communication (I even managed to spell it correctly this time). :P

Entry starting should disable Confirmation, it should not disable communication as an unconfirmed intruder signal should still be sent when the entry timer expires or the entry route is deviated from.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Talk to //.National Installer.// Service, once your system was installed they will have taken the service obligation over, if the system is not installed correctly, they are more than capable of getting the dealer to come back and rectify the problems.

In the first instance //.National Installer.// are your point of call, it is them who you have a contract with.

Archived