Security Installer Community

Adt Dealership - Installation Issues

Guest jl1974

Guest jl1974
If the alarm was quoted for/ordered after 1st October 2005 or installed after January 1st 2006 there should be a risk analysis to determine the grading of the alarm and you should have been told the grade. Perhaps more importantly, your insurers should have confirmed acceptance of the grade. ... maybe all this was done.

The entry arrangement sounds ok, but not if it includes the lounge.

We were originally quoted by this dealer back in August 05 however it wasnt installed until May 06.

So if somebody enters via your front door with out a prox fob in they can have anything in you hall and lounge ? due to the way the system is supposed to be set up, i.e no confrim from detectors on the entry route.

Do you have a contact on the front door or is the entry time started by the PIR in the hall.

//.National Installer.// job but the SSAIB get the certificate costs, i bet the NSI would not like that.

Yes, there is also a contact on the front door. If someone enters without a fob then the alarm would trigger if unset after 30 seconds - i believe this would only be an unconfirmed activation unless further sensors around the property are triggered sequentially.

We were originally quoted by this dealer back in August 05 however it wasnt installed until May 06.

Yes, there is also a contact on the front door. If someone enters without a fob then the alarm would trigger if unset after 30 seconds - i believe this would only be an unconfirmed activation unless further sensors around the property are triggered sequentially.

Except for detectors on the entry route hall /lounge which are not supposed to generate a confirmed alarm

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Guest jl1974
Talk to //.National Installer.// Service, once your system was installed they will have taken the service obligation over, if the system is not installed correctly, they are more than capable of getting the dealer to come back and rectify the problems.

In the first instance //.National Installer.// are your point of call, it is them who you have a contract with.

I will give //.National Installer.// a call tomorrow, would rather that they send someone in to fix it themselves (not sure they will though) as im losing confidence in the dealership.

Except for detectors on the entry route hall /lounge which are not supposed to generate a confirmed alarm

Yes, that's what I thought which i guess means that the lounge is now also susceptible to intrusion without generating a confirmed activation.

I will give //.National Installer.// a call tomorrow, would rather that they send someone in to fix it themselves (not sure they will though) as im losing confidence in the dealership.

Explain that to them when you call, but as you can appreciate the dealer is recieving monies for the installation from //.National Installer.//, as such //.National Installer.// will wish that the works are put right by the dealer in the first instance, it is in your best interest to allow this to happen. Once //.National Installer.// direct are involved, you should find that the matter reaches a speedy conclusion.

Discussing what should and should not happen on a www forum is all very well, but the only people with the paperwork and knoweledge of the exact specification and circumstances of your alarm system are the dealer/ you. Any opinions given should be taken very lightly as without the full information it is impossible to give the correct answer and whereby an opinion is given it is simply conjecture.

Archived