Security Installer Community

Sub Contracting

Do you guys think it is better to have a uniform so you look the part when on site or just wear what you like.... Your views are much appreciated.

cheers

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

We have uniform.

Polo shirt with company name on.

Pants that piss me off they have so many pockets.

shoe's

fleece jacket with compant details on front and web site on rear

all from Arco in trafford park ( not the cheapest but the quality is far better than primark )

Guest RICHL

All my gear comes from ARCO too.

You need to look smart so I have new stuff for service days and slightly not so new stuff for install days - never wear boots with polish on on domestic install because you can leave swirly patterns on light carpets if your kneeling.

Erm, I think Lee means do you wear the uniform of the company you sub for. I used to sub years ago and yes I would wear the T shirt of the company, with a change in the car for that evening's quotes.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

How times have changed.

My grandfather was one of the worlds first electricians. He retired in 1959. I was his 'apprentice' when I was a nipper, and I can remember him rewiring houses while wearing a 3 piece suit, collar & tie and a trilby. :huh:

In the days of black and white and no earth?

when I was a nipper, and I can remember him rewiring houses while wearing a 3 piece suit, collar & tie and a trilby. :huh:

I thought,

I believe so..... How is it working by the way? Do you find it a real benefit? :P

no real benefit... even my psychiatrist thinks I

Do you guys think it is better to have a uniform so you look the part when on site or just wear what you like.... Your views are much appreciated.

cheers

lee

In my experience you dont wear your own company uniform when working/subbying for another company. in most cases they dont want to advertise they are using sub-contract labour and in many cases they provide you with theyre T-shirts. Most wont even like you turning up with sign written vans.

In my experience you dont wear your own company uniform when working/subbying for another company. in most cases they dont want to advertise they are using sub-contract labour and in many cases they provide you with theyre T-shirts. Most wont even like you turning up with sign written vans.
QFA, in fact I have also been asked to tell the client that I worked for the company I subbied for.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

I have a wardrobe in the back of the van, shirts for all the nationals, so we can work day and night for them all, mind you a secom customer did pull me up last week in an //.National Installer.// shirt, ooops!! :banned:

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Archived