Security Installer Community

Door Contact On Shop Alarm

Guest Guest_Steve_*

I agree with authur_mo :yes:

A sticking contact is a faulty contact and should have been changed at the first opportunity. You know it makes sense :yes:

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

I agree with authur_mo :yes:

A sticking contact is a faulty contact and should have been changed at the first opportunity. You know it makes sense :yes:

thanks very much Vince,

due to your show of sanity, i have cancelled my order for the guys in the white coats to come and get me a.s.a.p - but oh dear, i now worry you are in for some hate mail m8 :fear:

:P

regs

arfur_mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest ape fire and security

I cannot believe something as simple as a sticking contact could cause such emotion, i just wonder if engineers struggle to diagnose such a simple fault, how the hell do they manage with a faulty detector, and so on.i just wonder how these engineers are going manage to work with pd6662, very worrying. No wonder we (the engineer) and this industry have such poor reputation! :no:

Each engineer to his own. Either through knowledge or experience we are all on a learning curve young and old. BT and engineer do go very well together IMO there are some great engineers providing service yes agree some should be classed as technician not engineer but this is down to management. Never slag of your own. Isn't it strange that everyone knows what the problem is when they have no back ground in any kind of electro mechanical engineering. You see i would look at it another way. Metal door, Gold contact, vacuumed tube' This could possibly have been static, or another magnetic field. So a tap with the screw driver could of possibly done the trick. But not this time. Perhaps this engineer was having an off day you just never know !!!!!!! never judge before you know who the author is. :yes:

I cannot believe something as simple as a sticking contact could cause such emotion, i just wonder if engineers struggle to diagnose such a simple fault, how the hell do they manage with a faulty detector, and so on.i just wonder how these engineers are going manage to work with pd6662, very worrying. No wonder we (the engineer) and this industry have such poor reputation! :no:

hi ape and fire security, its not so much the sticking contact but that particular engineers lack of application finished off with a 'pithy' response when the girl dared to suggest the man with the calibrated meter and know how should replace it (pride before a fall).

it caused a 'non-combatant' enough of an anoyance to go find this forum and vent frustration, and i find that a very sobering thought. i always hold that a bad job done by a guy in Penzance has an eventual bad effect on the good guy in lands end. reputation be it personal, company or trade is like a stlll pond easily damaged, drop a stone in and the ripples go on and on.

as to critisism of 'our own', by keeping quiet and not honestly admitting poor or inexperienced engineers do exist, but are the exception do we not encourage more people to think we are all rubbish and loss of confidencve in our craft?.

as to pd6662 i share your concerns, but there is light on the horizon - someones looked up alarm technology history -:

oct contacts(matts etc) - eol batts - cct contacts - double pole circuits - double knock zones - (and came up with) double jeopardy call-outs :rolleyes:

i'm so glad to see modern inovations are not yet dead, so lets all go forward as one :P

regs

arfur_mo

its not so much the sticking contact but that particular engineers lack of application finished off with a 'pithy' response when the girl dared to suggest the man with the calibrated meter and know how should replace it (pride before a fall).

as to critisism of 'our own', by keeping quiet and not honestly admitting poor or inexperienced engineers do exist, but are the exception do we not encourage more people to think we are all rubbish and loss of confidencve in our craft?.

arfur mo im trying very hard to ignore your rhetoric, but again I find I just cant sit back and read you further the arfur_ mo way rules doctrine to the already ill informed. There is a place provided for your views within this site, it

Customers!

arfur mo im trying very hard to ignore your rhetoric, but again I find I just cant sit back and read you further the arfur_ mo way rules doctrine to the already ill informed. There is a place provided for your views within this site, it

Archived