Security Installer Community

Door Contact On Shop Alarm

Guest Guest_Steve_*

hi,

hmm after looking through this post ,i would get in touch with Sunwin Security and inform them of your problems,They will be happy to call out and sort your system out, Sunwin Security no longer install the Gardtec type panel and only specify the Galaxy now.Please do mention my name when you call them or contact the out of hours emergency number you have and one of my colleagues will give you my mobile number ,you could also get in touch with loss prevention, i am the senior engineer for Sunwin Security and am concerned with your comments.and will get involved with this problem you have Please dont respond on this site telling me what store you are from.

kind regards

steve haley

the company is Sunwin Security part of United Cooperatives and the position is based at our Bradford office , We are a SSAIB company with ISO 9001-2001 approval.The position is for a install/service engineer, we cover Newcastle down Nottingham and Scarborough across to Rochdale. We also have a branch in Stoke on Trent so there may be times that work in that area is required.

90% of our work is looking after our own stores, be these foodstores,petrol sites,Car showroom and garages,funeral homes,travel agents and department stores.10% of our work is outside the United Coperatives.we look after Intruder,CCTV and access and soon will be developing into fire .We are looking for a experienced all round engineer with Galaxy experience amongst others,must be keen , flexible and be able to demostrate his/her skills to our trainee engineers.

a company car is available , staff discounts after qualifying period and salary pension scheme after qualifying period .wage is dependable on experience .

:hmm:

:hmm:

Hmm seems Alarmgard was not at the front of the queue for brains, no change there then.

never wonder to amaze me this type of person. and we let them into the security industry.

Food for thought. Cant understand the relevance of the last posting .

10 out of 10 mate for sheer brightness.

hmm now i know why i stopped posting here last time

Steve Haley

No Entry Security Limited

Please dont respond on this site telling me what store you are from.
Hmm seems Alarmgard was not at the front of the queue for brains,................

it don't matter which shop it is (i had a good guess anyway)

:hmm: got out the wrong side of bed?

Guest rjbsec
Hmm seems Alarmgard was not at the front of the queue for brains, no change there then.

never wonder to amaze me this type of person. and we let them into the security industry.

i am the senior engineer for Sunwin Security

Imagine what the juniors are like!

Ok Mr Sunwin, lets make it simple.............

If 90% of your work is for your own stores what hope have the other 10% got when your own stores come to www to get advice. Was posting on these forums telling one of your customers to call you and you will get them sorted out a good idea.

Senior engineer :rolleyes: couldn't you work out the easy way of dealing with this or do we have to spell that out too? Or do you feel that customer care is better dealt with on the www.

By the way 10 watts is better than your one watt ;) Sometimes its best not to post. :yes:

Guest rjbsec
I dont understand, can someone explain? :-|

Jef

V

V

V

V

Ok Mr Sunwin, lets make it simple.............

If 90% of your work is for your own stores what hope have the other 10% got when your own stores come to www to get advice. Was posting on these forums telling one of your customers to call you and you will get them sorted out a good idea.

Senior engineer :rolleyes: couldn't you work out the easy way of dealing with this or do we have to spell that out too? Or do you feel that customer care is better dealt with on the www.

By the way 10 watts is better than your one watt ;) Sometimes its best not to post. :yes:

• 4 weeks later...

ok mr alarmguard,

the simple thing is ,

no engineer can be judged by the mistakes made by other engineers, in this instance the engineers should have replaced the door contact and should have not have adviced the customer to omit a safe limpet.

the only action that i thought was best at the time due to the information provided on here by the customer was given by myself on here.(i could have ignored it,but wanted to sort the customer out)

i was unhappy at the way the engineer went about his duties, but at the time was not in a situation to comment on that.

I was of course annoyed by the comments from the customer as along with many other people on this forum i pride myself on my customer skills and my engineer skills i took the comments by the customer personally as a failure by my company to provide good service.

i have for many years moved in the small circles of this industry and have a excellent reputation in engineering while at the major nationals and through to the smaller companies.

any way basically what was proved here that it takes one engineer that is not thinking properly on all cylinders to cause some damage to a company.

oh i know i said i didnt want to post again , well yes i was having a bad day.

i am no longer with sunwin security after deciding to move back into management with a Major Sytems installer, although as i said earlier to be fair one engineer and his any downfalls he has should not give a full picture of the engineer skills for that company,if that was the case then i am sure most companies wouldnt be able to maintain the prominent positions they hold in the industry. i have besides being a engineer also been a manager for the nationals and seen some of the things that can slip through the net.(nobody is perfect)

so just for the benefit of rjbsec dont judge me on my engineering skills , i can honestly say you just wouldnt come close.(the junior engineers are doing fine)

no offence to alarmguard by the comments i made in previous posts, and hope none was taken, as i said earlier i was having a bad day .

Steve Haley

No Entry Security Limited

Hi Steve,

Good to see you back, you missed the point in my earlier post that I was trying to get accross, nobody was doubting your engineering abillity, what I was saying was that your old company's procedures/practices must have had documented records for every call made and signatures obtained, given a time window someone could have looked at all the old calls for that period and narrowed down the possible store and then despatched an engineer to rectify the problem. By doing that no mention of company, your not mentioned, no bad press, customer educated.

If as you say are trade, apply for membership of the trade forums, we all like open and frank discussion.

We all have bad day's.

Colin.

Archived