Security Installer Community

Door Contact On Shop Alarm

Guest Guest_Steve_*

me again, i was wrong earlier. the //.National Installer.// alarm panels i was referring to are the galaxy type with the side swinging door on them. The alarm in my shop is a Chubb Sentinel as pictured here on the right: http://www.chubb.co.uk/pdfs/Sentinel%208.pdf It seems fiddly to use etc, but as we only ever use the keyfob to set and unset, it doesn't bother us!

OOI, how do these keyfobs work? do they transmit a code? or just a command to unset? I just read on that PDF that they are Infra red - so how come it works through the door when the panel is right next to the door? and where exactly is the reciever? <confused!!!> I have a fob here and it has a little dim red light when the button is pressed. I hold it right on the panel when pressing it, sometimes it takes ages to stop it, sometimes it does it right away!

What do i do if the fob ever doesn't work? :!: panic??

Chubb using Gardtec now?? :huh:

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

hi vandamme,

your girl displayed an excellent example of common sense, something that is seen as so valuable in most companies. be prepared to loose her to any firm in your area wanting a capable alarm service engineer, and bright enough to spot her tallent.

this is not a flippant or 'clever' remark, lets face it you can teach a skill to almost anyone, but not common sense as its a brain thing, something this so called 'service engineer' was born without.

regs

arfur_mo

arfur-mo your opinion is obviously shared with others i for one would have and have done the same as the engineer involved. Indeed this could have easily been me. We have company policy to allow 2 F/A per device in a rolling 12-month period before we start to throw away or incur customers with the cost of perfectly good kit. I rarely find myself re-visiting systems with the problem found above. It

Customers!

Guest TheCabbage
arfur-mo your opinion is obviously shared with others i for one would have and have done the same as the engineer involved. Indeed this could have easily been me. We have company policy to allow 2 F/A per device in a rolling 12-month period before we start to throw away or incur customers with the cost of perfectly good kit. I rarely find myself re-visiting systems with the problem found above. It

Most of our stores have the //.National Installer.// systems with codes, this one seems more fiddly and ameteurish! Opinions?

dd243?

but as we only ever use the keyfob to set and unset, it doesn't bother us!

What do i do if the fob ever doesn't work? :!: panic??

use the user code?

Tell your employer to get the system sorted or you won

Guest ALSEC
I dont want UK Monitoring involved lol! They dont like me, i particularly dont like them!!!! :realmad:

Why don't you like them because they won't give a reset? How do they know what caused the f/a - they are just doing their job so don't get arsey with them! This is something for your maint firm to sort out!!

jef, i have no idea why you chose to have a crack at me on this particular post, but as you have i'll give you my replies for your further advancement in life.

arfur-mo your opinion is obviously shared with others

A) ok mate majority rules as we live in a democracy, nice of you to say others take my point of view too (but not to many would admit it though, even if true).

i for one would have and have done the same as the engineer involved.

A) oh dear, after such a good start as well. i feel the separating of your views from my (including others) own views, having been called to site by the client who complains directly of that items performance, what is the remedial value of just tapping the reed, and doing nothing else?, if during diagonsis do you not test its resistance and decide it is faulty, or if in any way suspect do you not replace it? i know i would just to keep the confidence of the client, but i'm just old school that way.

Indeed this could have easily been me.

A) oh dear oh dear, i really hope it was not jef.

We have company policy to allow 2 F/A per device in a rolling 12-month period before we start to throw away

A) so you throw away your service engineers expensive time on repeat visits, and the clients are well pleased to pay for them and put up with this then - amazing!

or incur customers with the cost of perfectly good kit.

A) sorry jef, see above and follow me through with this, lets just think what is more expensive as follows -:, keep a suspect contact and save

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I must be with you on this one jeff you don't find many shop girls running round Its horses for courses, even if some might think it isn't such a hard course, thats why barrow boys and costermongers are cockneys so if the saddle fits wear it.

Cabbage

hi Cabbage,

did i miss something? there is no reference this 'engineer' even got his meter out of his van/car, or looked in the log or even bothered to ascertain the circuit - he was told which one by the non-qualified shop assistant who was proved to be bang on the money, beating the guy with a calibrated fluke multi-meter and the information who knew what the resistance of the circuit should be and supposedly had the ability to get into the log to see its the right circuit., so how can you be with jef? give me barrow boys any day, i that saddles very comfy too and that shop assistant can have a job here anytime.

i will say in this engineers defense he did summon all his available (athough non-cockey non-barrow boy) witts to tap the reed, so please tell me what was the point of that then? as an aside we either drown wittless crettins like this at birth down south - or we send them up north to be alarm engineers ;) .

now surely the contact was not tapped with an expensive 'Calorbrated Fluke Test Meter' and i've not seen any instruction in the fluke users guide to cater for it! i bet even you would have used a bit of black pudding or a haggis,

mind you, it might have been a Fluke Branded Sonic Screwdriver as they are specially calabrated for tapping alarm reeds with.

we are really doing our trade some justice right here :no:

regs

arfur_mo.

hi Cabbage,

did i miss something? there is no reference this 'engineer' even got his meter out of his van/car, or looked in the log or even bothered to ascertain the circuit - bujt he was was told which one by the non-qualified girl shop assistant, who was proved to be bang on the money, and beating the 'engineer' armed with a calibrated fluke multi-meter, the information what the resistance of the circuit should be, and supposedly had the ability to get into the log to see its the right circuit., so you are with jef on this are you?

as to my breeding, how are your cousins doing? so give me barrow boys any day we would i hope have embarrased to allow this to happen, and then have to return to the shop, having been told our job by a low life girl shop assistant - or is it what makes you feel real competant up North? you do have some funny ways.

i will say in this engineers defense he did summon all his available (athough non-cockey non-barrow boy) witts to tap the reed, so please tell me what was the point of that then? as an aside we either drown wittless crettins like this at birth in cockney land - or we send them out of London to be alarm engineers ;) .

now surely the contact was not tapped with an expensive 'Calorbrated Fluke Test Meter' and i've not seen any instruction in the fluke users guide to cater for it! i bet even you would have used a bit of black pudding or a haggis,

mind you, it might have been a Fluke Branded Sonic Screwdriver as they are specially calabrated for tapping alarm reeds with.

that saddles not bad but, i have a very large posterior so more padding on the next one please, oh! and some fresh hay for my horse. i'm very sorry if the cap i made for you fits to well mate B)

so are we are really doing our trade some justice right here :no:

regs

arfur_mo.

Archived