Security Installer Community

Caravan Alarm ?

sparky

:-| Hi, I have a touring caravan and I have been thinking of fitting an alarm to it, the panel would have to consume very little power as it would be powered by a 80ah caravan battery for over the winter months (approx Nov-April). Is it best to go for a wireless system as the PIRs would have there own batts and I would only have to find power for the main panel, or a hard wired system ? It would be nice to have the alarm remote controlled can anybody recomend a suitable system which isn't too pricey ? cheers Stuart.

Why not link it to an existing alarm via scanny transmitter

Mark Hawks

Ex BT Openreach Field Service

Now Self employed telecom and data engineer  www.mphtelecom.co.uk 

Also back doing sub contract work in the security industry.

Retained firefighter Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue

You may be better off with a car alarm with multiple ultrasonics.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest rjbsec
:-| Hi, I have a touring caravan and I have been thinking of fitting an alarm to it, the panel would have to consume very little power as it would be powered by a 80ah caravan battery for over the winter months (approx Nov-April). Is it best to go for a wireless system as the PIRs would have there own batts and I would only have to find power for the main panel, or a hard wired system ? It would be nice to have the alarm remote controlled can anybody recomend a suitable system which isn't too pricey ? cheers Stuart.

You will need to clarify how you will sustain power from the battery for what amounts to over 5000 hours.

Bit sad but, here's one I made earlier.

Cost would be prohibitive but it was a one off for myself, fully portable and a radio link to the main system for texting purposes.

post-1124-1144009241_thumb.jpg

post-1124-1144009253_thumb.jpg

post-1124-1144009269_thumb.jpg

post-1124-1144009280_thumb.jpg

post-1124-1144009294_thumb.jpg

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived