Security Installer Community

Caravan Alarm ?

sparky

:) Whats the approx price for the alarms people have mentioned ? the castle one looks good but at what price ! For over winter/storage I have a solar panel thats about 15w output on a good sunny day which would trickle charge the battery if it was bright, the normal caravan alarms are very basic, car alarms consume a fairly large amount of current and house alarms req the mains so its a problem finding one that will last off the battery. 73s Stuart.

:) Whats the approx price for the alarms people have mentioned ? the castle one looks good but at what price ! For over winter/storage I have a solar panel thats about 15w output on a good sunny day which would trickle charge the battery if it was bright, the normal caravan alarms are very basic, car alarms consume a fairly large amount of current and house alarms req the mains so its a problem finding one that will last off the battery. 73s Stuart.

hi sparky, i have seen proprietry caravan/boat alarms at the larger camping or chandeler shops (camping and general or blacks) which also had solar panel power, mainly they rely in a loud noise for 3 -5 minutes due to power consumption.

what you need to concider is who will respond to it if left out in a field? i think there is a gsm voice/speech dialler is available which would obviously use the mobile network and PAYG sim, there was also a 4 mile radius car alarm & pager by a firm in Dagenham, useful if you live nearby to where its parked.

i did some digging a while back for a builder who was having heavy duty tool chests robbed on a building site, it never went any further so no prices but food for thought.

regs

arfur_mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 10 months later...
:-| Hi, I have a touring caravan and I have been thinking of fitting an alarm to it, the panel would have to consume very little power as it would be powered by a 80ah caravan battery for over the winter months (approx Nov-April). Is it best to go for a wireless system as the PIRs would have there own batts and I would only have to find power for the main panel, or a hard wired system ? It would be nice to have the alarm remote controlled can anybody recomend a suitable system which isn't too pricey ? cheers Stuart.

You could use a GSM Pager 4 from Bold. It only consumes 15mA and you could connect a couple of PIRs to it to make a cheap alarm panel. We do battery powered wired PIRs that last about a year on an internal bettery. The GSM Pager 4 would last over 200 days on an 80Ah batery.

www.boldcommunications.co.uk

Regards, Dan.

Archived