Security Installer Community

Dragging My Scantronic Into The 21st Century!

pinter75

Howdy,

Now alot of you are saying time to ditch the Sacantronic and get something a bit newer, but I like it so it is staying. Plus I have spent the last week reconditioning it and the sensors since moving in.

So here is the plan, plus it is going to cost me less than

Howdy,

Now alot of you are saying time to ditch the Sacantronic and get something a bit newer, but I like it so it is staying. Plus I have spent the last week reconditioning it and the sensors since moving in.

So here is the plan, plus it is going to cost me less than

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

now a galaxy would look sooooo much better imho :lol:

:whistle:

lol, well as it would sit in place of this one in a cupboard hidden somewhere in the house, that woud be a shame.

Ok, I know the external keypad has nice hues of brown on the keypad, and a retro segment LED display, but it matches the artex ceiling nicely! As soon as I get round to removing all the artex, then I will give the external keypad a make over. Blue leds, new displays, case etc...

lol, well as it would sit in place of this one in a cupboard hidden somewhere in the house, that woud be a shame.

Ok, I know the external keypad has nice hues of brown on the keypad, and a retro segment LED display, but it matches the artex ceiling nicely! As soon as I get round to removing all the artex, then I will give the external keypad a make over. Blue leds, new displays, case etc...

Very interesting post, I love your enthusiasm and to be honest the 9100 was a very popular and good quality control unit, bit dated now but who cares?

You may already know this but there are a series of pins protruding from the PCB which were there to plu a digital communicator into. These pins will output information such as set/unset, fire, intruder, PA etc.

They are logic level outputs, you will have to experiment with them to see which pin does what (2 of them will just be a 12v supply).

Where do you buy the web server from and how much does it cost, can you post a link?

I want a means of controlling my central heating from a remote location and it sounds like this might be one way of doing it.

Incidentally I don't think there is a way of setting the sytem without a keypad but I haven't got a manual to hand so not sure.

Good luck and let us know how the project goes!

Very interesting post, I love your enthusiasm and to be honest the 9100 was a very popular and good quality control unit, bit dated now but who cares?

You may already know this but there are a series of pins protruding from the PCB which were there to plu a digital communicator into. These pins will output information such as set/unset, fire, intruder, PA etc.

They are logic level outputs, you will have to experiment with them to see which pin does what (2 of them will just be a 12v supply).

Where do you buy the web server from and how much does it cost, can you post a link?

I want a means of controlling my central heating from a remote location and it sounds like this might be one way of doing it.

Incidentally I don't think there is a way of setting the sytem without a keypad but I haven't got a manual to hand so not sure.

Good luck and let us know how the project goes!

Ohh, thanks for the info about the pins, I am bidding on the relay board that plugs into these pins. As for the webserver, it is a very simple Arduino board with the Ethernet shield. I ordered mine from NuElectronics.. If you don't know about the Arduino, check out http://www.arduino.cc. It is an open source board that has a multitude of I/O digital and analogue. It is easily programmable over usb using the arduino IDE based on C++. There are loads of examples of code that will just about do anything you need.

BTW you can get OEM Arduinos for around

good luck but it sounds a bit like putting a charge cooler and a big turbo on a model t ford just to help it keep up.

I do wich you luck but i would be cheaper and more flexible in the long run to use a panel that did this as std IMO

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Fair dos pinter75. Luv the enthusiasm.

9100 was great panel & used to have serial nos inside - I fitted 00000003.

Will look n see what bits (if any) we got lying around.

I would say that the 9100 was possibly one of the best selling panels of all time, it's possibly one of the only "non lcd" panels that I could still program without a manual. (and without reading the cheat sheet inside the lid).

A true classic, remeber the keypad wiring though? 10 core to first RKP then 10 core to next etc. PITA!

I would say that the 9100 was possibly one of the best selling panels of all time, it's possibly one of the only "non lcd" panels that I could still program without a manual. (and without reading the cheat sheet inside the lid).

A true classic, remeber the keypad wiring though? 10 core to first RKP then 10 core to next etc. PITA!

10 CORE :o:ninja:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived