Security Installer Community

Replacing A Perimeter Alarm, Thoughts Please.

We have a customer who has moved into a new house which has a visonic talking alarm with pir's inside and some pirs on the outside of the house.

They don't like the alarm so we are replacing it.

The current setup from what they tell me is that if someone approaches the house the perimeter alarm will not activate unless they remain there for 2 minutes, so the postman deliver with no problems.

They want to keep this setup but I am not sure the best way to do it.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Can't think of many systems that allow you to inexpensively, and wirelessly, add perimeter protection.

Not saying the visonic is any good as I've never used it I just can't think how you'd replace it other

than Risco wireless beams, ££££s I think.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Can't think of many systems that allow you to inexpensively, and wirelessly, add perimeter protection.

Not saying the visonic is any good as I've never used it I just can't think how you'd replace it other

than Risco wireless beams, ££££s I think.

not forgetting the 2 minutes of constant detection.

I know it is a strange one.

Money is not an issue as they have bucket loads of it.

I'm not that keen on those risco watchout sensors, I used them once before and had false alarms with animals, spoke to risco and they said they are for car parks or something.

The visonic alarm is not user friendly and is driving them mad.