Security Installer Community

Megapixel Cams

Guest frosted

Guest frosted

"This is a public forum and to see a "distributor" promoting themselves openly to anyone is a little of a concern. You may well be trade, but in your present status no one knows who you are, apply for full membership like everyone else."

:bruce_h4h: i have applyed. and i dont see a problem. its such a concern that this thread has not been moderated ?, :hmm:

if someone is not trade then they wont get the trade account you would hope. well fingers crossed :). :huh:

We are happy to supply public or trade. Pricing for around 2,000 CCTV products can be seen @

www.clearview-cctv.co.uk

WARNING

No Advertising or Promotions:

You will not post topics or messages that solicit or promote any commercial concern or transmit advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or make any commercial use of our service. Doing so will result in the immediate termination of your account.

Please read the Forum Rules:

Doubt you will pick up much trade business here then, when you dont care if you sell to only trade or direct to the public missing the installers out.

if someone is not trade then they wont get the trade account you would hope. well fingers crossed

Is that how it works then? :no:

Guest frosted

"You will not post topics or messages that solicit or promote any commercial concern or transmit advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or make any commercial use of our service. Doing so will result in the immediate termination of your account.

"

and everyone having links to their companys in sigs is not doing this ? :no:

but i do agree chap, like IT trade (my original trade) the lines bettween trade and retail pricing are blurred as hell.

and everyone having links to their companys in sigs is not doing this

Yes in a fashion they are, the difference being I have allowed this and have no objection to them doing so, after all this is a "Security Installers" forum, not a "get your goods here" free for all.

By all means put a link in your Signature, and anyone wishing to contact you can get the information from that.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

I'm guessing that Pauls posting was not intended to cause any offence, but rather a somewhat naive response to a straightforward question.

Perhaps the more appropriate and acceptable line might have been 'As a supplier I might be able to help you out here ... PM me if you need any further information'.

Although given Pauls initials, it looks like every message from him will probably be a PM (no pun intended).

Hey fella.

Check out the CoVi camera. It should be available from Gardiner Sec.

You can get datasheets and the like from www.covitechnologies.com

Hope this helps

matt

Apologies to all. As a newbie to web forums (less than a month) I hold my hands up and admit to joining the discussion without having read the rule book! I look forward to continued chat - but without reference to any potential commercial interests.

No offence intended.

Paul Main

ClearView Communications Ltd

Robjohns Road Chelmsford

Essex CM1 3AG

Telephone: 01245 214104

Fax: 01245 214101

paul.main@clearview-communications.com

www.clearview-communications.com

Thanks for that P.M.

Back to the subject of Mega Pixel cameras, I thought this might be of interest ...

At the Tokyo Security Show, Californian based Arecont Vision have announced the launch of their new AV 5100 Five megapixel IP Network camera . Capable of streaming 15 images per second at 2560 (H) x 1600 (V) resolution, the model is expected to go into volume production during the 2nd quarter of 2006.

Thanks for that. I've had a look at their site - impressive!

Paul Main

ClearView Communications Ltd

Robjohns Road Chelmsford

Essex CM1 3AG

Telephone: 01245 214104

Fax: 01245 214101

paul.main@clearview-communications.com

www.clearview-communications.com

Archived