Security Installer Community

Megapixel Cams

Guest frosted

Guest frosted

Hi all,

newbie on the forum, ive been looking at megapixel cameras due to the amazinf quality of footage you get of them. wondering if anyone here has used them what makes e.t.c and what people would recomend.

and please only cams that can do realtime or as near as :)

cheers all

Guest frosted
yes sure, but megapixel cameras dont necessarily do 25fps but less.. ie 15fps

yeah soz me not being clear,

some megapixel cams (i-q) for exmaple dont do 25 fps on full settings. ardcant vision do however. (please mind the spelling!)

so hopefully someone has used the brands of kit and can help me choose which to go into :)

have a number of clients who are willing to pay more for very high quality footage (nightclubs mainly)

The best megapixal camera around is the sentryscope Here ive seen one in action and its fantastic 21 megapixal not cheap see the demo here

I dont think these can record real time though but you can request demo cd

For the life of me i couldnt remember the name of this, spoken to them plenty after IFSEC last year.

Agree its the mutts nutts with a price to match........

Guest frosted
For the life of me i couldnt remember the name of this, spoken to them plenty after IFSEC last year.

Agree its the mutts nutts with a price to match........

yeah ive got all the demo stuff. its bloody amazing.!

i was more thinking for highend use installed instead of analoge cctv cameras (again i apologise as i could have saved all this by being more clear in my initial post :unsure:

Guest Rockford

What on earth kind of recorder / DVR can you use to record such massive quality? There can't be that many that will deal with such image sizes or the required throughput for them...

What on earth kind of recorder / DVR can you use to record such massive quality? There can't be that many that will deal with such image sizes or the required throughput for them...

recorder included. one per camera as far as i remember..

and recording rate was 1.5 images per second OR one image per 1.5sec..

IF i remeber correct and my info is up to date...

Guest frosted
Have a google search for "IQeye cctv", we have sold a few of these, can't remember the specs offhand.

yeah ive seen their stuff. very expensive compares to ardcourt kit, have you installed the iqeye kit? what would you say of the quality?

, and to answer the storage, using a server with large storage capability for the more normal megapixel is the way i envisage doing it,

sentry scope has their own dvr solution

Archived