Security Installer Community

New To Wiring

Guest chuckalicious

If it is just a bell your powering which i would assume to have a low current consumption then there is no reason why you couldnt come of the lighting circuit and mount a fused spur in the loft, because there is no regulation that says you cant, its common practice to wire an extractor fan in a bathroom of the lighting circuit, so why not a bell box?

But judging from your posts i wouldnt advise you to do it yourself chuckalicious, because it is simple enough if you know what your doing and you have experiance but so is anything in life, for example you could watch someone drive a car and it looks really simple but i bet you didnt just get in the driver seat and become a natural driver on your first go! what i always say to people who are contemplating turning there hand to a bit of sparking is if a member of there family or a friend recieved an electric shock which led to them being injured or even worse die would you still be glad you saved a couple of quid because it wouldnt cost a lot to get someone to put a supply in your loft and your already saving a bit of money by doing the rest yourself.

And as for "I PLUMBED MY OWN BATHROOM" if your plumbings not good you can mop up the water dry of the person who got wet and if its really gone wrong you may need to do a little redecorating but if you incorrectly installed an electrical supply the possibility of FIRE is high which would cost you a lot more than having a supply correctly installed, and if someone DIED as a result of a poor installation then believe me regardless of what you see in movies its impossible to bring back the dead!

Im sorry if it sounds like im having a go but im just trying to get my point across, but dont let this put you of doing other DIY projects like fit doors, plumb sinks etc,

But i would recommend leaving Electrics and Gas to those who have spent years training and perfecting there skills in these fields.

Archived