Security Installer Community

New To Wiring

Guest chuckalicious

Okay, fine, get someone in. If I say I'll get someone in, will someone just answer the question out of curiosities sake?!

I can't see anyone even vaguely "professional" advising you to take a spur off a lighting circuit for some other purpose, and you can't force people to answer. :whistle:

Given that, you can probably figure out what the options are. :rolleyes:

Guest chuckalicious
You will not require 240v for your bellbox , you will need it for the psu to power your bellbox.So just find a convenient plug socket upstairs , and extend the low voltage output into the loft.

Regards,

:)

The bellbox comes with a standard UK 3 pin plug on it, so I basically need to plug it into a normal plug socket. So what you're saying is I could run an extra cable off of the back of one of my wall sockets say in the upstairs bedroom and run the cable up into the loft and put a plug socket on the end?

Thanks for the replies.

I still may get someone in to do it, but I'd still like to know if this is the best route to take.

So what you're saying is I could run an extra cable off of the back of one of my wall sockets say in the upstairs bedroom and run the cable up into the loft and put a plug socket on the end?

eer..no. Just extend to low voltage cable off the plug in psu / charger , and plug it into a socket.

Guest chuckalicious

Okay this is getting confusing. I think I'll just get someone in to fit a plug socket in the loft, which would be handy to have anyway......

cheers all

Archived