Security Installer Community

Initial Are Still Looking

PJF

unfortunaltely we live in the UK so the balance of life and work will never be correct. We live on an overtime society with most people living on borrowed money. Everyone remorgaging up to the eyeballs.

I aint saying dont go out with his mates at weekend, but he could try and budget. If he's still living at home I dont see why he should strugglr with money. Its just the youth of today they want everything now, have no patience and know it all already!

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Andy if I was you stick through the bad times just now. Get through your apprenticeship then move on for more money. The world will be your oyster if your good engineer.

As for Initial I worked for them for 8 years asked them about any current vacancies and never even got a reply from their HR department. It just shows that they are not that desperate to get good engineers if they cant even reply back to a query. Anyway when I was over for 2 weeks I was made far better offers from 2 of their biggest competitors, so when I move back then it wont be back to Initial. It just goes to show that long service means nothing with them either.

cheers Kev

Andy if I was you stick through the bad times just now. Get through your apprenticeship then move on for more money. The world will be your oyster if your good engineer.

QFA, I too was on p*ss poor wages as an apprentice but now I earn more than most of my mates and to some extent my job has been more secure due to times when the economy struggles the crime rate rises :P keeps me in work when all those sparkies who do new builds are sat about waiting for work :ninja:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

QFA, I too was on p*ss poor wages as an apprentice but now I earn more than most of my mates and to some extent my job has been more secure due to times when the economy struggles the crime rate rises :P keeps me in work when all those sparkies who do new builds are sat about waiting for work :ninja:

Regards

Bellman

qfa my best mate is a spark who i served my time with...he envys me being in security..i jumped he stayed..but wishes he jumped too...too late now tho...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3rd April is the BIG day for news , or so they say... ;)

Think that was the day my employee questionaire landed through my letter box.

Was that what you had in mind for the "BIG day for news" then j.paul ?!!!!!

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

Archived