Security Installer Community

Initial Are Still Looking

PJF

You cant stop there.

Come on what do you know.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

You can always do c&g's on a night if you want a change of direction.

It has crossed my mind.

Believe you can "fast track" your way over 2 years to being a spark these days.

Think i might wait until 3rd April now before i make any rash decisions :) As i'm not a trade member, has anything been posted by j.paul about said BIG NEWS ????!!!!!!!

UTC - The dawn of a new era !

Stal,

Nowt posted on BIG NEWS on trade. I can just see it now in april, do you want the good news or the bad news. Pay rise 26% above inflation & our new owner is //.National Installer.//. Happy days.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Sparky work is hard work and not very rewarding. Digging big holes in walls, feeding heavy cables. People are seldom impressed by what you have done. In domestic premises the job is often referred to as 'house bashing'.

Security engineering work is lighter, requires greater technical knowledge and is much more rewarding. Engineers can progress from installing to servicing, surveying, Etc.

All this is only my opinion of course, but I have spent many years in both trades and I know which I prefer

:yes:

Three of my friends are sparks and although it may be slightly harder and dirtier work at times it can be equally, if not more rewarding than the alarm game.

Is there really anything different from 1st fixing (or "house bashing" as you put it ) the electrics in a house as apposed to wiring the alarm system, all be it on a larger scale ?

Many electricians take great pride in their work especially when connecting the main board.

Financially wise, electricians are far better off -

Tradesman rates are now near

Monday morning...

alarm engineer goes to fit some additional devices to an existing alarm

electrician sent to run a 6mm2 armoured cable across a factory

I know which I would prefer...... but, as I already said, this is just my opinion

I'm not doubting the fact that there are good days and bad days in both lines of work.

IMO the life of a spark is simpler than that of an alarm engineer and at the same time more financially rewarding.

Andy. I think you only looking at short term mate not long .

Low wages are what you should expect when training. Think about how much the company is investing in you and also think about what you expect to earn when qualified.

At the moment Initial has got the best training school for security engineers.

When i done my electrical apprentiship i was on

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

Andy. I think you only looking at short term mate not long .

Low wages are what you should expect when training. Think about how much the company is investing in you and also think about what you expect to earn when qualified.

HELLO :huh: How long exactly is long term ? I have been waiting nearly 20 years and there is still no sign of a decent rate of basic pay.

Of course there is plenty of overtime there to bump up your wage to make a decent living but why should that have to be the case ? It's all about having the correct life / work balance.

If the lad can't go out with his mates on a weekend and have a few beers then i'm sorry, when can he do it ?

There seems to be a lot of guys on here who live for their work and playing with their computer - judging by the amount of posts made by some members. Well, whatever floats your boat i suppose but you're a long time dead my friends ( or should that be Comrades ;) ) !!!!!

Archived