Security Installer Community

Initial Are Still Looking

PJF

I have an apprentice with me all the time, hes a good lad and is willing to learn. The problem is he is paid some thing like

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Right on brother stal :P

Speaking of ATS, have you fitted the new version yet. I have sent back two thinking they are faulty when it was the new software :( . I was not alone in thinking this at the branch, But that as you say is another story.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

The latest software is due to be replaced again within the next month to clear yet more bugs. The titan software should be relased next week so im told, thank god im fed up with programming big sites by hand leat alone the chime macro. :realmad:

SSAIB Approved.

If it ain't broke, you ain't trying hard enough

Only for some of the national account jobs, otherwise the surveyors have to clear them through head office as to why they cant use the ATS

SSAIB Approved.

If it ain't broke, you ain't trying hard enough

More new software, happy days.

PJF, i don't actually dislike working for Initial. It's just that i'm on a one man crusade to try and open the workforces eyes to the unjust levels of inequality which exist within the company today. Before all you doubters out there believe i'm some mad, left wing, Trotskyite, you couldn't be further from the truth.

I mean, would we really have to drive round advertising for engineers and also, recruit engineers from Eastern European countries if the company had the foresight to see the problems it could later encounter by paying relatively low wages ?

The lack of investment by Rentokil into one of the most important sector of any business, the staff, has resulted in the severe shortage of competent, experienced engineers with the need now to resort to desperate measures to recruit staff.

IMO, the worst thing to happen to Shorrock was the takeover by Rentokil. The customer, let alone the humble engineer, is no longer put first. The moto is now profit, profit, profit. Lets charge as much as we can and pay as little as we can, to the severe detriment of the staffs morale.

B)Stal

Don't think you are on a one man crusade, I'm a member of your club doing my bit, keep up the good work.

Archived