Security Installer Community

Customer Base

Guest Fused Spur

We are looking at a leaflet that you post through properties next door to where you are working apologising for noise made during work.

Pointer use to do this a few years ago dont know if the still do but if the cleint is having repairs done might also encourage others to do the same

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

• 4 months later...
We are looking at a leaflet that you post through properties next door to where you are working apologising for noise made during work.

Pointer use to do this a few years ago dont know if the still do but if the cleint is having repairs done might also encourage others to do the same

Sounds like a very good idea. That way if the neigbours are friends and not something out of "britians worst neigbour" they would ask how the work went and if they were happy. Better than posting to every house in an area. You never know after a while doing it this way you could end up haveing a leaflet in every door anyway!! (providing they are always happy).

I know we're mainly fire so it may be different, but we're busy leafleting at the moment to expand our servicing side. It's going pretty well, I'm picking up roughly 5 services per 50 visits which is a lot better than expected.

What we do is target specifically, knock the door and ask if it's OK to give them a leaflet. While they're looking at the leaflet you get 20 secs to pitch at them, quite often they ask you in there and then to quote.

Anyway, works for us (or seems to be).

Good lateral thinking.

I once had a part share in a Satellite TV shop when Satellite TV was just in its infancy. We used to do lots of leafleting and the phones used to ring after the leaflet drop. The problem was the customers still didn

System Q Ltd.

Guest CNS Rawdon

I'm with Pete

look after the customers you have the rest will take care of itself.

If you have customers like 1 of mine who always says make sure you come at lunch time to do service and then promptly sits be down and feeds me a fantastic 3 course meal youve cracked it.

Regards

Colin

Guest CNS Rawdon

Funny thing is I did my very best to walk away when first introduced to that customer as he had a huge house with an appaling old system he had been robbed at gunpoint and had 2 other breakins.

I suggested he needed the likes of //.National Installer.// But he insisted I did a new install , it was in my early days as an installer. I conceded and fitted him a 30 zone system. Ive been like his second son ever since lol.

Colin

had a huge house with an appaling old system he had been robbed at gunpoint and had 2 other breakins.

so third time around splashed on on decent alarm? is he a bright chap?

Guest CNS Rawdon

He thought he had a pretty good system Perimiter, internal doors and Pirs in all rooms til I took a look at it and found the e/e door worked and that was about all previous co had removed zones if they gave any faults they had looked after system for 20 years + . customer was totally unaware his sytem didn,t work apart from making the right setting noises.

PS

Hes a bright but old chap :P

Archived