Security Installer Community

Customer Base

Guest Fused Spur

Guest Fused Spur

Any suggestions on increasing our customer base, especially maintenence contracts.

Apart from time and recomendations what has worked for you in the past?

Quality work is good for us but doesnt allways meet the targets set by myself and the accountant. Over time this will come good, maintaining a good reputation but the bank manager doesnt allways see it that way.

ideas and input allways wellcomed

Fused Spur

Any suggestions on increasing our customer base, especially maintenence contracts.

Quality work is good for us but doesnt allways meet the targets set by myself and the accountant. Over time this will come good, maintaining a good reputation but the bank manager doesnt allways see it that way.

Fused Spur

When you do a job:-

1. Leave leaflets or call at property nearby.
  2. Ask the customer if they know anyone that might be interested in your services.
  3. Keep a look out for old bellboxes in the area and offer the householder a preferential rate to check/maintain/upgrade their old system.

Guest Cerberus NI

Fused Spur

Hit multiples in your area and see if they'll entertain a comparitive quote over their present service provider.For them at least it gives them a lever to work on their present price with and for you it might show that their present company is taking the P!

see if they'll entertain a comparitive quote over their present service provider.For them at least it gives them a lever to work on their present price with and for you it might show that their present company is taking the P!

Find out they have a balance of a 5yr contract to run & get sued for poaching the first co's control equipment?

Yep it can cause upset if contacting other peoples systems, i know a few have had NSI come down on them.

I'd have thought that would only apply if you're specifically going after other peoples customers. If you're just generally leaflet dropping to people with alarms then all's fair. you'd have thought?

Leaflets are a waste of time, effort, money etc etc, tried, tested and toss is about all I can say. Keep the customers you have happy and that's about the only key to new work, they will do the rest, it just takes time. Poaching isn't the way to go as it just causes trouble, I know someone who's done this and is now banned from the other companies trade counter which he used for electrical goods, the customers droped him in it!! lol

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Guest Fused Spur

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK FELLAS.

MAYBE WE COULD KEEP THIS POST UPDATED TO GIVE EACH OTHER IDEAS WHEN WE FIND SOMETHING HAS WORKED.

TO ADD, WE HAVE JUST STARTED USING LEAFLETS IN ESTATE AGENTS ON THERE DESKS (FINGERS CROSSED)

Archived