Security Installer Community

Veritas 8

Guest Guest_Kev_*

Off topic - why have I got a warn notice in my message sidebar? No one else does? It has a scale on it, not indicating anything??

Ive always woundered that.

We all have a warn bar but you can only see your own.

Now i know.

Not so. Veritas are a very well made, well designed, reliable panel. It is all very well being elitist (it's in the dictionary... under E), but there are thousands of people in the UK who don't want and don't need to pay for a Galaxy or similar.

Why do so many engineers sneer at bottom end panels? Selling a customer a panel which is better than they need is not clever. It just makes them pay more than they need to and doesn't necessarily increase their security one jot.

The Veritas 8 and R8 are excellent grade 1 panels and the Veritas R8+ is a very good grade 2x panel. We would never use either of them for a monitored system, but for bells only they are brilliant. They can be fitted by a DIYer, leaving the panel on factory defaults or by an alarm Co. using the extensive programming features.

Agreed but i only use the excel, cant beat it for programming a domestic bells only.

I look after quite a few Veritas in my area, I think that they are very good value for money with programming only to be found in controls more than twice the price. However they have been let down with the availability to the DIY market, and the standing joke with CEF. overall good value for money but let down with the wearing of the key's, luckily I have quite a supply of these along with the different types of membranes.

Agreed especially with the diy bit but never had a problem with keys wearing.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

I change the keys about every 1 to 2 years.

Seen a few sites with four keys extremely well 'pressed' - the numbers gone.

Would take 16 attempts to obtain the code......so 4 seperate attempts between keypads tampers. Or am I doing my maths incorrectly after my liquid refreshment :whistle:

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Would take 16 attempts to obtain the code......so 4 seperate attempts between keypads tampers. Or am I doing my maths incorrectly after my liquid refreshment :whistle:

Yes, but the first two are usually **

*edited when I realised we were in the public forum.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

24 attempts.

Trust me, I'm a mathematician. :ninja:

... but of course, even if you can see which buttons have been worn there is no guarantee that you will find the correct code by trying every combination of those numbers, because the client may have changed their code number yesterday... :hmm:

...the flaw there being that clients are thick and couldn't think of a new number never mind programme one.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived