Security Installer Community

How Do You Guys Wire 240v To External Cameras

Alexg

Alexq,

What ever,

I just dont think its a good idea to be up ladders dealing with 230v, especially when its terminated in strip connector, and Im probally looking for a fault on something fitted years ago.

I have had a few belts on terra firma and apart from breaking out into a cold sweat, Im ok after a ciggy. Getting a belt up ladders is not pleasent and touch wood( if your head was near I would be touching that :P ) it has only happend once.

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

Man, I just can't help but p*** you guys off can I lol.

Wish I had never asked now :) the problem with forums is it's so faceless.

PJF, I can assure you I am not stupid. The original question was simply trying to figure out how 240v external housings are commonly done. Obviously asking that question makes me look stupid and implies I know nothing about electrical installations, Lurch even thinks I should go back to college for not knowing this! cheers mate :) PS your site doesn

Dont worry about it mate :P

So are you now going to fit low voltage :whistle:

You know you really want to :yes:

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

A good spark wouldn't be a nervous wreck as he would of isolated the supply and checked it was defiantly off, thus acceding the ladder in confidence )

I would be interested to know how your going to focus/set up your cameras with the mains isolated?

A good spark you must be.................

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies.

The property is a town building.

It seemes then that local isolation next to the camera is critical so I will do this.

My plan is then, a run in 1.5mm FP200 (for neatness and to help with shielding so the coax can run through the same hole?) from a 10A breaker in the main DB looping round to an IP65 box situated next to each camera, inside the box will be a DP switched spur unit with a 3A fuse, I will do like "Alarm gard" suggests, fit the box next to it but run in through the back so nothing is visable.

Sorry if I did not make it clear in my original post what history I have.

Hi Alexg I'm not an electrician I'm whats called a competent person remember to isolate your low voltage (240volt) and coax cables in separate pipes through the hole you make shielded cable is not enough. Good luck I still get a buzz seeing the picture appear on the monitor

Archived